Job Title: Configuration Management Analyst
Location: Washington, DC Position: Full-Time
Job Description: Capital Group is seeking a Configuration Management (CM) Analyst who will support the lifecycle product to the FAA Air Traffic Organization (ATO) Program Management Organizations (PMO); Communications, Information, and Network Programs (CINP), and Data Communications. The CM Analyst will provide project management and administrative support. Assist in coordinating Configuration Management Office duties and Configuration Lifecycle Planning and Implementation.
- Provide support of the acquisition CM lifecycle during each phase of the Acquisition Management System
- Support PMO with establishing CM requirements for the acquisition of new FAA assets
- Maintain a state of the art configuration and data management process and effective working relationship with PMO members, FAA regions and NAS Program offices.
- Maintain consistent configuration control practices
- Establish methodology for configuration identification consistent with CM Policies
- Maintain the current CM documentation, CM Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, Charters, etc.
- Coordinate and support in updating the product Configuration Management Plans.
- Manage the overall implementation and maintenance of configuration management requirements
- Track change proposals to ensure information is sufficient in accordance with CM policy
- Assist in coordination of Configuration Control Board activities including, preparing agendas, recording board minutes and maintaining action item status
- Review in conjunction with other CCBs designated comprehensive change proposals in accordance with FAA’s orders, standards and procedures.
- Participate in the NAS configuration Control Board activities and identify configuration management impacts to PMO
- Support CM Status and ad hoc meetings providing administrative support preparing agendas, minutes, actions and reports
- Track and coordinate In-Service Checklist for CM requirements
- Provide guidance for CM activities for organizations external to the PMO and represent CINP and Data Communications
- Distribute approval requirements for change orders, waivers and releases in accordance with established FAA policies and procedures
- Provide configuration status accounting of configuration items and information
- Participate in verification and configuration audits to include Functional and Physical Configuration Audits, audit of CIs, CI information and CM processes
- Maintain Program Support Library to ensure configuration information is systematically maintained and readily available to the PMO
- Maintain and update training program and ensure practices are communicated to the CM Practitioners
About the Company
Capital Group, an 8a certified small business, is a customer responsive firm with an extensive record of providing superior professional support services to Federal clients. Our professional services include full life cycle strategic consulting, acquisitions strategy development and implementation, systems engineering, program management and business and financial management.
Capital Group offers competitive wages and provides excellent benefits. We offer a 401(k) plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, paid time off, company social and charity events, and much more.
- Eight (8) or more years of relevant experience
- A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field that included or was supplemented by; at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management is required. 8 or more years of relevant experience
- Must be a US citizen and meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills; strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint); capacity to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment; and the ability to work well on a team.
- Familiar with FAA Acquisition Management System (AMS) and Systems Engineering Manual
- Ability to learn the FAA communication and information systems