Fetch Pet Insurance, a tech-enabled pet wellness company, has consistently been an innovative leader in the pet insurance industry, offering the most extensive and all-inclusive pet insurance and health advice.
Put simply, Fetch makes vet bills affordable. We offer a comprehensive product that does not have any restrictions based on breed, age, or size. We are believers in helping pets get through their bad days but also focus on extending the good days. How do we do that? – through a wide portfolio of products + offerings, which include Fetch Health Forecast, our pet health and lifestyle blog, The Dig, and our partnerships with Project Street Vet and animal no-kill shelters across North America.
At Fetch, we strive to serve our customers where they prefer to be met. In addition to the self-serve options we make available online and through our app, customers may reach out for a live interaction with one of our talented Call Center Service Agents in our (virtual) customer support center. Our support agents are the cornerstone of our service. They help our customers navigate through questions about billing, claims, technical support, and general inquiries. They also educate our customers about the various ways they can seek support, including the use of our online tools, IVR, and their account portal. We strive to delight our customers through each interaction we have and our Call Center Service Agents take advantage of these live interactions to remind our customers that we truly value the opportunity to support their four-legged companions.
Our business is growing and we are looking for compassionate professionals that want to join a team that works hard and celebrates success! If you are someone that has call center experience and thrive in a busy environment that may require you to support inbound calls for part of the day and emails and outbound calls at other times, then this may be the role you have been waiting for! This unique opportunity gives in-depth visibility to the needs of our customers and the ways in which we can support them. While the primary activities of this role involve handling a high volume of incoming calls, there are other daily tasks that range from calling customers that have left messages or submitted email inquiries, to researching the status of claims reimbursement requests. We value teamwork and also recognize individual success.
You will have an opportunity to hone your soft skills and develop new skills as you learn the ins-and-outs of Fetch pet insurance, as well as the desktop tools developed for our customer support groups and the customer-facing technology that supports our pet parents. We support our call center teams with job aids, weekly knowledge updates, and individual coaching. Your success is our success!
- Utilize Fetch operating standards, call flows and knowledge base information, to support customer inquiries
- Maintain product knowledge through self-directed training and by accessing desktop tools
- Follow guidelines to achieve goals, optimizing every customer interaction
- With each interaction, act as a brand ambassador, strengthening the positive feelings customers have about Fetch pet insurance
- Treat every interaction with professionalism and sincere concern for the outcome
- Actively collaborate with your immediate team and raise awareness of issues affecting the customer experience
- Participate in team meetings, elevating ideas around how to create a more productive work flow and/or work environment
- Take advantage of upskilling opportunities, which may include additional insurance credentials
- Take a high volume of inbound calls, giving each customer your full attention and working toward a first call resolution
- Follow-up with policy holders through outbound calls and emails
- Demonstrate professionalism and accountability with each interaction
- Track your daily progress against set goals
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40-42 hours per week with varied shifts, ranging from 8 AM-8 PM ET daily
- Active Property & Casualty insurance license preferred
- A minimum of one (1) year of call center experience
- Previous customer service experience required
- Able to multitask– accessing systems, conversing with customers, and actively listening in real-time
- Ability to work through customer issues, sometimes complex, in a calm, focused manner
- Demonstrated success working in a remote environment
- Ability to interface with a wide range of customer types; demonstrating empathy and patience
- Attention to detail, able to communicate product-specific information in a factual and influential way
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Able to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in applications such as phone applications, G-Suite applications, and various Internet browsers
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Subscription to a reliable high-speed internet connection (minimum of 100 Mbps download and 30 Mbps upload speed)=
- A quiet, dedicated place to work in your home that is not easily disrupted by background noises or regular distractions
- Office space must be large enough to accommodate two 19” monitors, laptop, mouse, keyboard, phone and headset
- Ability to set up and connect (with instructions and remote IT team assistance) equipment that is shipped to your home
As a company, we understand the importance of work-life balance and prioritize the mental health + well-being of our employees, ensuring you can thrive both professionally and personally.
Not just pets, we want our employees to live their best lives, too — here at Fetch, you will have:
- 401k matching
- Personal paid time off - 20 days accrued annually, 9 holidays, 1 floating holiday
- One additional day of PTO is added each year on your anniversary with the company; a maximum of 30 days
- Volunteering - eligible to earn up to 8 days floating holiday hours per calendar year
- Educational Assistance Programs
- Department incentive perks
- Fetch Pet Insurance discount - 50% off, up to $1000 savings/year
If you are passionate about furry friends and eager to educate pet owners on the value of protecting their beloved companions, this job is perfect! Join us at Fetch, where we help pets live their best lives and empower our employees to live theirs.
Fetch is a high-growth, Warburg-Pincus portfolio company. We are a passionate group of 200+ employees and partners across the U.S. and Canada dedicated to helping pets live their best lives. We have two offices (New York City, NY, and Winnipeg, Canada) and we currently provide security to over 360,000 pet parents.
We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow, and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.