The Senior Systems Electrical Engineer holds a key position in the design and advancement of Systems Engineering initiatives for bio-devices for the global poultry, livestock and aquaculture industries. This vacancy is to be filled with a highly creative, seasoned, hands-on engineer, who will lead design teams to deliver engineered-to-order automated vaccination systems. This position currently reports to the Director of Systems Engineering.
Knowledge and Responsibilities· Provide strong technical knowledge and leadership to electrical designers to deliver engineered-to-order system level automation solutions.· Interact with sales/marketing and customers to identify electrical requirements to integrate automated vaccination systems into existing automation systems.· Deliver system level electrical schematics accurately and on-time.· Work interactively with R&D Controls Engineering to deliver system level automation customizations.· Work interactively with Field Installation and Support staff to deliver timely resolution of field technical issues.
- Mentor early experience colleagues to raise the skills of the electrical engineering team within the systems engineering organization.
- Communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master’s in electrical engineering - required
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience developing motion-based electro-mechanical and/or automation equipment - required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading technical teams of 2-4 people - required.
- Demonstrated experience delivering system level industrial automation solutions involving motion control, vision-based sensors, industrial PLCs, industrial PCs, and industrial network architectures.
- Demonstrated customer-facing skills related to gathering customer requirements and delivering world class technical support. - required
- Proficient in designing electrical systems in AutoCAD Electric - required.
- Familiarity with machine safety standards such as ISO 13849 and UL508a – preferred.
- Familiarity with CE and UL certification – preferred.