Job Tile: Project Analyst
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Salary: $50,000 Annually
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Career opportunity for recent graduates!
Application Deadline: April 15, 2023
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Jacobsen|Daniels (JD) is a professional consulting firm specializing in services for the aviation industry. Our clients range from airlines and airports to private firms and the federal government. Formed in 2001, we pursue ideas, concepts, and solutions to improve the journey for the traveling public. From its founding, JD has been dedicated to reliable, convenient, and safe transit options that meet the rapidly changing safety and security needs of the transportation industry.
Position Description Summary:
JD is looking for inquisitive, motivated, results-oriented individuals interested in customized training and development within our various Practice Areas. Your goal is to learn all aspects of our business, culture, and core values and help make impactful contributions to our growing organization as a Project Analyst. You will spend your first few weeks at JD in a classroom setting and in the field learning about all things aviation. Next, you will begin working with project managers and consultants on tasks ranging JD. After approximately six months, you will be placed into one of JD’s five major Practice Areas based on your performance and the needs of each line of business. This is a full-time, in-person analyst role at JD's headquarters in Ypsilanti, MI (8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday).
- Complete project related tasks as assigned by project manager/coordinator (e.g., data collection, data analysis, data presentation, report/letter/memo writing, CAD and graphics preparation, etc.).
- Develop and refine technical skills (e.g., CAD, presentation preparation, technical memo writing and editing, graphics support in Adobe, cost estimating, etc.).
- Maintain effective and consistent communication with peers and supervisor.
- Complete tasks on-time in an efficient and timely manner.
- Compose correspondence requiring understanding of firm and professional staff views, philosophy, and some technical knowledge.
- Present data clearly using graphical or narrative tools depending on intended audience.
- Produce reports and other documents based on the needs of the staff and clients.
- Assist in training other employees (including interns and co-ops) as directed.
- Be aware of potential business and identify follow-on work opportunities. Develop an understanding of how JD generates revenue and controls costs.
- Represent JD in a professional manner in all parts of your work life.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements & Experience:
Recent graduates with 0-3 years of work experience and a four-year or graduate degree in aviation management, construction management, urban planning, architecture, engineering, quantitative analysis, math, computer sciences, computer-aided design, or public administration is desirable. Graduates with degrees in other related fields will be considered.
Why is JD right for you?
JD seeks to attract, retain, and develop outstanding talent. We offer flexible work conditions allowing you to maintain work-life balance. Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and continuously develop your professional skills? Consider joining our team. We would love to have you join our journey!
We pride ourselves on providing benefits that bring out the best in our people. Our comprehensive benefit packages include the things you expect – health, dental, vision, 401(k) – along with the things you deserve like an employee assistance program and support of your professional development goals. In addition, this full-time, permanent position offers a competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus, paid time off, and a strong Company culture that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work!
Work is conducted primarily in an office environment alongside teammates in person and virtually. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Project Analysts report to a JD supervisor designated to manage the Analyst Program.
The position is based at JD’s headquarters in Ypsilanti, MI for the first year of employment. After the first 12 months, the Project Analyst may become a remote worker depending on the needs of the Practice Area. In most cases, a remote work option is available to staff members.