We are HALO! We build brand engagement for our over 60,000 clients globally and lead our $25B industry through the dedication of over 2,000 team members across the United States.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Senior Director of Data Engineering leader that is highly ambitious, passionate, and detail oriented. This leader will come with significant experience in enterprise data engineering, all its facets, with solution architecture in cloud, and analytics data best practices. This leader will have a proven track record for transformative data initiatives that enable strategic business outcomes across Sales, Marketing Technology, Operations, Applied AI, and Data Engineering.
The role will be primarily responsible for transforming Data Engineering and Enablement function through the evolution of HALO's enterprise data journey. This role will bring value to the organization through innovative thought leadership, effective organizational design, talent development, storytelling and education of the Enterprise Data capabilities and enabling business initiatives, and stakeholder management of marketing and senior technology leaders. This position will directly report into CIO.
To succeed in this role, you must have a history of developing high performing teams, hold a keen understanding of the decision-making processes, be able to build relationships with functional leadership, and the ability to systematically improve data driven decisions in a complex environment. This is a unique opportunity to play a vital role in the transformation of a high impact function that is critical to HALO's continued success.
HALO is committed to its hybrid workplace model and believes bringing teams together in-person on common days is essential to operate as One HALO. As part of this effort, we require employees that resides within a 30-mile radius of the Sterling, IL or Oakbrook, IL offices to work from these locations anywhere from 1-3x a week.
Strategy, Alignment & Execution:
- Develop enterprise data strategy in collaboration with our business and technology partners
- Develop short term and long-term roadmaps in the data engineering function in support for HALO business unit strategies and goals, and operating requirements
- Establish "Top down" alignment with business priorities & strategies
- Partner with other IT groups and stakeholders to drive & execute our data driven road map and associated investments
- Responsible for managing scope, resources, budget, issues and risks for data initiatives
- Ensure delivery of the portfolio by working in a matrix-based environment requiring strong partnerships with vendors, business groups and other IT groups
People, Process, Policies & Culture:
- Build and develop high performing teams and relationships with internal and external development teams located globally
- Collaborate with business groups and other IT groups to build a data quality, metadata, master data and referential data management process through data governance
- Educate the company in data literacy and drive efforts to collect, manage, and use internal and external data to drive operational efficiency and better decision-making
- Participate in PCI, ISO and other compliance process; and follow their standards in delivering solutions
- Managing performance and organizational change within established processes and procedures
Master Data Management, Governance & Data Insights:
- Evolve architectural capabilities and maturity of data platform by engaging with architects, and strategic internal and external partners
- Develop data layer for self-served reporting
- Work closely with Product Managers, Analysts, Data Engineers, Data Scientists to develop and own data-driven systems
Data Architecture & Integrations:
- Be responsible for shaping how we acquire, collect and leverage data
- Manage the Data Architecture and promote a build for the future view on applications
- Oversee catalog data acquisitions with eye towards clean data, deduplication of data and centralization with goal of making data easily available to appropriate end users
"Bottom Up" Management & Inventory of Data Sources:
- Define and manage SLAs for data pipelines and query performance
- Build and own automations and monitoring frameworks that captures metrics and operational KPIs for data pipelines quality and performance
- Build a robust process in consultation with data architects and solution engineers for releases to production cloud environments with appropriate roles and responsibilities for build and run teams with data analytics function
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent thereof
- 10+ years of proven experience bringing an approach driven by data to strategic business decision making
- Minimum of 4 years of experience of Data Warehouse & BI implementation required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in cloud required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in supervisory or leadership role
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structures, database systems/tools, related software and data management, and practices in a complex organizational environment
- Experience in developing strategic information systems plans, and roadmaps
- Experience with Relational Database Management, no SQL and GraphQL technologies
- Exposure and understanding of advanced analytics techniques using ML and AI
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with expectation of executive level presentation
- Experience in strategic technology planning and execution, as well as policy development and maintenance
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to guide and motivate team toward results
- MS in a quantitative / technical field such as Engineering, Economics, Statistics a plus
- 10+ years of equivalent work experience in data implementations, data applications and delivery with distributed order management systems preferred
- Experience in implementing customer data platforms (CDP), product information management (PIM), master data management (MDM) is highly sought after
- Experience with data/integration/cloud technologies such as Snowflake, Informatica, Tableau and AWS is preferred
- Experience with programming / database querying tools (R, Python, SQL, etc.) and data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, Birst etc.) a plus
- Exposure with marketing measurement methodologies (multi-touch attribution, mix models, etc.) and digital analytical tools (GA360, Adobe Analytics, etc.) plus
- Experience in Agile or Lean is preferred
More about HALO
HALO is the global leader in branded merchandise, uniform programs, and recognition and incentive solutions. We partner with our clients to break through the clutter of our media saturated world and connect their brands to customers, employees and other audiences critical to their success. As a team member you can expect a positive culture of ingenuity, inclusion, and relentless determination.
We also offer:
- Career Advancement: At HALO, we love promoting from within. Internal promotions is the key to our exponential growth in the last few years. With so many industry leaders at HALO, you'll have the opportunity to accelerate your career by learning from their experience, insights, and skills and gain access to HALO's influential global network, leadership experiences, and diverse thinking.
- Culture: We love working here and know that you will too. You can expect a positive culture of ingenuity, inclusion, and relentless determination. We push the limits of possibilities and imagination by staying curious, humble, and provocative in order to break through yesterday's limit. Diversity is the source of our creativity and we thrive when each of contributes to an inclusive culture of respect, dignity, and equity mindset in everything we do. We keep our promise for excellence with an unrelenting commitment to achieving results and supporting one another to stay accountable, transparent, and dependable.
- Recognition: You're going to succeed here, and you can count on us to celebrate your wins. Colleagues across the company will join in recognizing your big milestones and nominate you for awards. Over time, you'll earn so much recognition that you can convert into gift cards, trips, concerts, and merchandise at your favorite brands.
- Flexibility: Most roles offer hybrid work. In addition, we pride ourselves on flexible schedules that help you find a balance between professional and personal demands. We believe that supporting our customers is the priority and trust that you and your manager will find a schedule to achieve that priority.
- Work with your favorite brands: HALO clients include over 100 of the Fortune 500 as well as thousands of mid and small-size organizations. You'll be on teams that are focused on the future of our industry and bringing our customers fresh ideas that are first-in-the-world.
- Stay well at HALO: At HALO, we have benefits that support all parts of your life and to find a work-life balance custom to you. We offer easily accessible mental healthcare for you and your family. HALO has multiple programs to help with life’s challenges. Our program focuses on behavioral health coaching, therapy and psychiatry, personalized skill development, and providing access to care for your dependents. In addition, we offer nation-wide coverage Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance, and additional Voluntary Benefits. Prepare your financial future with our 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
HALO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We insist on an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Inclusion is a core value at HALO and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
HALO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Careers page.