Customer Service Representative
MeatEater, Inc. is seeking a highly-motivated and detail oriented individual to join MeatEater’s Customer Service team as a First Lite Customer Service Representative. The Customer Service Representative role is a full-time position for our Direct-to-Consumer business that will assist customer needs daily through phone, email, and live chat. The representative will handle customer inquiries, provide information on products and services, and assist with orders and returns.
- Engage with customers in a confident manner to offer informed and accurate information.
- Maintain product knowledge to offer firsthand insight and be able to relay location-specific product recommendations to customers.
- Willingness to learn about and speak to FHF Gear products and Phelps Game Calls, as well as brands/ products sold in the MeatEater store.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by facilitating phone and chat sales, responding to warranty requests, fielding phone calls, creating and replying to emails, and handling live chats.
- Communicate with customers to own the customer service experience, while creating and maintaining personal relationships with new and current customers.
- Respond appropriately to customer inquiries via phone, email, and live chat, while maintaining a prompt and professional manner with respect to the customer.
- Operate with understanding, active listening, patience, empathy, and kindness to customers and Team Members alike.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow personal skillsets.
- Enter marketing, customer, product development, and office orders.
- Coordinate returns, warranties, and exchanges.
- Demonstrate proficiency in department systems including NetSuite, Salesforce, Aircall, and Slack.
- Follow internal controls and company policies as set by MeatEater, Inc.
- Contribute to the success and growth of the MeatEater, Inc. by leading or assisting with projects and tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as beneficial to MeatEater, Inc.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Strong and efficient time management skills
- Take initiative to complete tasks without being prompted
- Team oriented with a positive attitude and willingness to learn work hard
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Provide feedback to improve workflows and daily communication tactics that benefit team dynamic
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Operate with ownership, be a self-starter, and have a strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change in accordance with business needs
- Flexibility to shift schedule and work extended hours during promotional periods and holidays
- Share and receive feedback openly
- Proven ability to drive progress in a start-up environment
- A strong background and knowledge within the hunting and greater outdoor community
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous Customer Service or retail experience
- Strong hunting background (western big game, whitetail, waterfowl) and outdoor experience
- Location: Hailey, ID