Mechanical Field Technician:
Responsible for installations, removals, and basic troubleshooting of medical imaging equipment. Communicate status of projects with supervisor and engineering team to coordinate activities and provide a positive representation of the company in the process of engineering work.
This position is located at our newest facility, Block Imaging West, located in Rancho Cordova, CA. Block Imaging West is home to a small, growing team that works on various projects including selling/buying imaging equipment, CT tube repair, shipping/receiving, and more! Learn even more about Block Imaging West here: https://www.blockimaging.com/block-imaging-west
About Block Imaging:
The Block Imaging team, headquartered in Holt, Michigan, serves healthcare providers around the world with new and refurbished diagnostic imaging equipment, parts, and service. Founded in 1997, Block Imaging has grown to 160+ team members with six locations across the globe. Following our mission, People Matter, we create a second chance at life for imaging equipment so healthcare providers can provide a second chance at life for patients.
Why Block Imaging?
Our mission, People Matter, isn't just words on a wall. It's always on the minds of our team and our leaders, guiding how we live and work together every day. It's the heart behind our desire to create a thriving team atmosphere where being engaged and passionate about work is the norm, not the exception. And we also find some time for a little extra fun here and there!
- To support the overall goal of fast, efficient, and safe engineering projects
- To develop expertise in mechanical installation/removal of imaging equipment
- To maintain a safe, clean, and functioning facility
- To assure that parts are validated and functioning to OEM performance levels
- Perform mechanical staging, “cabling up”, moving, and installation of imaging equipment
- Perform tear down and removal of imaging equipment
- Facilitate decontamination and inventory of incoming systems
- Develop a professional knowledge of equipment
- Appropriately dispose of potentially hazardous materials
- Documentation of work performed
- Working respectfully, cooperatively, and professionally with others, both internally and on job sites, in the best interest of the company
- This position will involve up to 50 percent travel; so, flexibility to travel when needed
- Assist in maintaining the facilities, assuring cleanliness, organization of equipment, and safety
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, and complete repairs needed for parts to be properly validated on medical equipment.
- Handling any other duties as assigned
- Ability to set and meet goals, meet deadlines, and organize work to be completed in a timely manner
- Mechanical aptitude with desire to solve problems using initiative and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work on concurrent projects and ensure timelines are met
- Capable of building positive working relationships with team members, customers, and vendors
- Ability to be flexible and resolve situations with confidence and mature leadership
- Solution-oriented professional who treats others with dignity and respect
- Team player who will foster communication among teams and share success
- Experience in delivering and demanding a high level of customer service
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations
- Basic ability in Excel, Word, Outlook, keyboarding, and internet research
- Comply with Key Performance Indicators
Exhibit the Block Core Values of Integrity, Together, Growth, and Honor. Make choices that contribute to the development and reinforcement of the core values.
Education: An Associate’s Degree preferred in a technical area, i.e. electronics, mechanics, computer technology, etc.
Experience: Hands-on mechanical/electrical experience and ability to earn a Chauffeur’s license.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer competency
- Communication, especially listening and speaking
- Ability to work cooperatively
- Self-starter who fills “down time” in productive ways
- Valid driver’s license and proof of safe driving history
- Submit to and successfully complete MVR and criminal background check and drug screen.
- Submit to and pass a medical exam required under Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations and a written examination if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles
- Drivers must comply with on-the-job driver’s safety training if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles
- Must be 21 or older to drive company vehicle
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources.
- Physical activity that requires often bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, kneeling and/or twisting.
- Physical activity that sometimes involves pushing and/or pulling over 25 lbs. but not more than 75 lbs.
- Physical activity that sometimes involves lifting over 25 lbs. but not more than 75 lbs.
- Physical activity that requires keyboarding, sitting, phone work and filing.
- Physical activity that requires travel, and flexibility of schedule.
- Job may include occasional driving of rental trucks or fleet vehicles.
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.