Monroe Capital is searching for candidates to join its investment team in the Los Angeles office for a role underwriting and managing investments for Monroe’s private credit funds. The candidate will work as part of a team underwriting investment opportunities for various Monroe Capital funds as well as managing existing portfolio investments.
- Analyze potential investment opportunities via review of offering materials, industry research, financial statement analysis and modeling, etc.
- Prepare investment committee memos for formal investment approval process and present potential transactions to investment committee.
- Interface with investment bankers, private equity firms, third-party due diligence providers, external research resources, and other lending professionals as part of the underwriting and due diligence process.
- Participate in review of legal terms and documentation on individual transactions.
- Manage portfolio of syndicated and club loan investments, including performing ongoing due diligence, monitoring of portfolio companies, and communicating updates to investment committee.
- Prepare memos summarizing amendment transactions for portfolio deals.
The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience in the following areas:
- Leveraged finance, investment banking, or corporate banking
- Credit/equity research
- Principal investing (e.g., private credit, high yield, private equity, etc.) role
- Strategy consulting (e.g., conducting private equity due diligence)
- Accountant at a nationally recognized accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record from a top-tier undergraduate university.
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge, as the candidate will need to build financial models, analyze financial statements, and have a firm grasp on cash flow dynamics.
- Elevated level of intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to multi-task while working under tight deadlines.
- Strict attention to detail and strong mathematical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office products (especially Excel).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as the candidate will prepare internal investment materials and present to investment committee.
- Collaborator that enjoys working in a fast-paced, collegial environment.