The Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for building Instruments and the associated subassemblies by following the appropriate Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures within Instrument Manufacturing. This position will work with a team of Manufacturing Technicians and Engineers to provide input and support for device diagnostics and improvements as required.
- Manufacture and test in vitro diagnostics instruments following established procedures under the direction of a supervisor.
- Accurately and carefully maintain documentation as required under the regulated environment of current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Follow Work Instructions and procedures to ensure accurate completion of assemblies with Instrument Manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot performance and assembly issues with instrument.
- Repair instruments in-process working alongside Engineering and other Manufacturing Technicians.
- Assemble and analyze data, and summarize results, as directed
- Perform other activities as directed by the Supervisor
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to read and understand written instructions
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain detailed documentation
- Strong mechanical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow directions and pose questions when needed in order execute complex procedures
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-driven environment but also self-motivated and capable of working independently when necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering technical field or High School Diploma and 3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing assembly environment preferred.
- Hands-on experience working on machinery, for example automotive, equipment and/or computer hardware, preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with deadlines/quotas preferred
- Prior experience working in a cGMP, ISO, and/or FDA regulated environment preferred
- May involve travel to HemoSonics facilities in North Carolina and Virginia as needed
- Must be able to sit/stand for extended periods up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or meet the requirements for a medical or religious exemption.
At HemoSonics, everyone matters and everyone counts. HemoSonics is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Core Values, HemoSonics equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
HemoSonics is an equal opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.