We are looking for a strategic and detail-oriented technical product manager with the ability to define solutions that go beyond the needs of the last customer you spoke with and can define and prioritize solutions that solve problems for a broad market segment. You are just as comfortable speaking with Engineers as you are in speaking with end-users or participating in sales calls. You have strong technical knowledge and communication skills to define and direct the development of our API tools and integration capabilities across our portfolio of products.
In this role you will help define and drive the strategy and roadmap for our API tools to integrate Impel’s software, data, and content syndication solutions into client and third-party systems. In this role, you will collaborate closely with other members of the product management team, Engineering, DevOps, Strategic Partnerships, Sales, Customer Support and other internal and external stakeholders. Learning from and discussions with our potential partners and customers will be an essential part of the role.
- Develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for Impel’s API toolset; communicating both the business value and technical rationale behind your recommendations.
- Collaborate with our Business Development, Strategic Partnership and International teams to help ensure our tools to support new partnership integrations are optimized for end-user experience and easy to test and use
- Understand the needs of our customer base including their product lifecycle needs to develop a strategy, partner with, and maximize the benefits of our integrations and partnership.
- Be the subject matter expert for Impel’s API library and integration capabilities.
- Develop internal training materials and programs to enable our Sales and Customer Success teams to understand our solutions.
- Translate business requirements into user stories for our development teams.
- Lead User Acceptance Testing activities to ensure requirements have been satisfied.
- Partner closely with other product leaders and cross functional internal stakeholders to drive joint planning, execution, and success.
- Meet project deliverables on tight timelines.
- Assist with contract review and sync with project requirements.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years in a Product Manager role, delivering B2B SaaS products to enterprises or similarly complex customers.
- Must have experience working with developers and partners to define API capabilities and with solutions that require integration with third-party and customer systems.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing product plans and roadmaps based on prioritization of opportunities, deep understanding of customer needs, and the organization’s ability to execute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working on product teams with competing priorities and aggressive timelines.
- Comfortable in front of customers and curious about their pain points.
- Excellent project management, multi-tasking, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to understand complex business and technical concepts and to be able to make good judgment when faced with trade-offs.
- Ability to work independently and to maintain tight deadlines.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience. Major in Computer Science preferred.