At Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our audiences in Northwest Arkansas, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Our organizations’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values: Relevance; Inclusivity; Sustainability; Excellence. Diversity is a commitment at Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us unique.
Walton Arts Center Inc. operates two campuses: a 1,200-seat proscenium theatre and 269-seat black box in Fayetteville and an 11,000-capacity outdoor Amphitheatre known as the Walmart AMP in Rogers, AR. Walton Arts Center has been Arkansas’ premier performing arts center for over 30 years and Walmart AMP has consistently been one of Billboard's top-rated amphitheaters producing 30 plus concerts per season.
Located in the beautiful Ozark Mountains, NWA (as the locals refer to it) includes Benton, Washington, and Madison counties, with five cities: Bentonville, Fayetteville, Rogers, Springdale, and Siloam Springs. The economic opportunity is unparalleled, but so is the lifestyle — see: 400-plus miles of mountain biking trails and paved pathways, a thriving arts community complete with world-class performing arts center and museums, a legitimate beer and food scene, and live music to enjoy. Best of all, it is a place where everyone is welcome.
The Bartender prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to customers’ requests, including pouring beer & wine as well as preparing mixed. Accurate recipe adherence is essential.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Greet customers in a friendly manner and fulfill orders per their requests
- Mix and serve both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Adhere to recipe measurements and quantities while using the assigned measuring tools
- Adhere to all ABC and AMP alcohol service policies and safe drinking guidelines including checking patrons' identification and alcohol cut off procedures
- Process credit card transactions
- Set up and break down workstations including cleaning and sanitizing
- Accurately execute opening and closing counts, transfers, spoils, and ending stand sheet counts
- Take beginning and ending inventory counts and ensure product is stocked to proper levels
- Safeguard the security of company assets
- Accurately record item sales and transaction variances
- Provide excellent customer service and anticipate guests needs
- Maintain a positive attitude toward patrons, co-workers, and vendors.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
The work environment as well as the intellectual, social, and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training, Traits
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED required
- A wide range of drink knowledge and experience utilizing common well liquors
- Experience with the Appetize point of sale system a plus
- Flexibility with hours including early mornings, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently as well as with others to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully within ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards
- A minimum of 1-year full-service bartending experience preferably in a high-volume environment
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly
- Must have a working cell phone and be willing to install basic applications and be willing to use it for work purposes
- Must be able to endure sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to endure standing or walking for extended periods of time on various surfaces such as concrete, grass, and inclined surfaces.
- Must be able to endure outdoor elements including cold, heat, wind, and/or precipitation
- Must be able to work in large, crowded environments, with flashing lights, loud music and noises, pyrotechnics, and cannons as part of shows and events