At XKL, we set ourselves an aggressive mission: to identify problems in emerging network infrastructure even before these obstacles become evident to the Internet community. With this forward-looking approach, we help provide the solutions necessary for the future growth and development of the communications industry. We push the limits of technology, tools, components, and test the unproven. XKL's layer 1 optical networking products utilize cutting-edge DWDM technology in a compact footprint to help customers maximize their bandwidth, while minimizing their precious rack space, power and cooling.
XKL is privately-owned by Leonard Bosack, the co-founder of Cisco Systems. He is a pioneer in the field of computer networking, having developed the multi-protocol router while working at Stanford University in the 1980s. His work laid the foundation for the modern internet and paved the way for the creation of Cisco Systems, which has become one of the world's leading technology companies. He started XKL to further advance his mission of providing reliable, easy to use, customer-focused data communication solutions.
As a Hardware Engineer I, you will be working directly with the hardware, software, test and manufacturing teams in a fast-moving environment. Responsibilities include mild to medium complexity assignments and projects on the hardware team. The successful applicant must be extremely organized and possess strong initiative and work ethic. Working knowledge of various aspects of hardware design is also required. This position will receive assistance from more experienced engineers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
· Assist with root cause analysis, resolving design defects and addressing issues
· Perform a variety of HW tests in the lab, organizing and storing the data.
· Assist with qualifying optical components such as transceivers, amplifiers, and filters
· Create and update Documentation
· Organize Lab components and equipment
· Test hardware functionality at both the unit and system level
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or Computer Engineering
2-years of experience (or a combination of education, training, or experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of this position)
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to lift 35lbs or more
· Willingness to learn as well as use proprietary SW tools
NICE TO HAVES:
· Linux Experience
· Scripting Experience
· Experience writing technical reports and procedures
· Knowledge of PCB design, layout, and routing
· Experience designing, simulating and testing using FPGAs
· Experience using Solidworks
· Skilled in use of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.
· Experience with word processing and spreadsheet software
· Ability to work with a variety of individuals from diverse background
We recognize and value our employees and strive to create a healthy and supportive environment for our team. Here are some of the "perks" (though we see them as necessities) we provide to ensure our company can thrive:
- Competitive compensation range for role of $84K-$103K, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance
- Paid Time Off starting at 15 days per year and 10 paid holidays
- Retirement 401k plan
- Receive mentorship and collaborate with leaders who helped shape the telecommunications industry
XKL, LLC provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.