You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the world. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
Roller Coaster Maintenance Technician is a full-time position that is responsible for inspecting, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and refurbishing roller coaster structures. This role ensures all coasters and equipment comply with all state and federal laws, comply to manufacturers’ operating standards and requirements. This role performs visual and auditory inspections of roller coasters, and maintains proper records for all inspections, maintenance, and repairs of all wooden roller coaster structures.
We are excited to introduce a skill-based pay program for our Maintenance Departments this year! This compensation program allows our Full-Time Maintenance Team to increase their rate of pay by developing their knowledge and skills at our parks through the completion of certifications and cross-training in other departments.
- Work safely and comply with all safety regulations
- Comply with all policies, rules, and regulations of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance on wooden roller coaster track, structure, and auxiliary roller coaster equipment
- Climb wooden roller coaster structures daily to inspect, maintain, and repair
- Repair wooden roller coaster track and structure when needed
- Inspect, maintain, and repair auxiliary equipment associated with roller coaster operations
- Become certified as a technician within the amusement park industry
- Perform housekeeping tasks to keep the workplace clean
- Document maintenance activities
- Diagnose problems with control systems at wooden coasters to prevent/resolve downtime
- Troubleshoot roller coaster control systems
- Learn new tasks and skills at the park and attending company sponsored training off-site, if needed
- Complete trainings in a timely manner
- High school diploma or GED
- Carpentry skills are strongly preferred
- Ability to operate a skid steer loader, telehandler, manlift, and forklift, use hand power tools such as electric drills, saws, grinders, hoists, impact wrenches, etc.
- Ability to work at heights up to and including 150 feet
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to spend multiple days off-site or on-site to attend seminars, meetings, and training events
- Ability to properly use a respirator and pass a full-face respirator fit test, if needed
- Ability to wear PPE
- Dependable attendance record
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work full-time and weekends
- Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, crawl, kneel, bend, stoop, and reach high and low
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, capable of identifying colors
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Ability to work at heights 150 feet above ground
- Ability to work in sunny, hot, cold, windy, rainy, noisy environments, and confined spaces
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, bonus program, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
For the safety of our Guests and our staff, Holiday World & Splashin' Safari conducts background checks on all applicants aged 18 or older and we follow all federal and state laws, FCRA regulations and EEOC guidance regarding the use of criminal records in the hiring process. Unless otherwise provided by law, a criminal record will not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee from employment.