About E4E Relief
For more than 20 years, E4E Relief has been the market leader in providing disaster and hardship relief grants to individuals in crisis, empowering companies to support their employees and other stakeholders during crisis.
From our headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, we partner with companies and communities to deliver a compassionate response to crisis for their global employees and stakeholders. In the process, our global, charitable business solution allows companies to form a deeper connection with their most valuable asset: their people.
We are organized as a nonprofit social enterprise and live into our values of serving others while we serve and support each other. We have provided hundreds of millions of dollars in grant funding to individuals in over 100 countries. Over the years, this work has inspired many diverse, talented and passionate individuals to join our team.
Below, you will find a full description of the role we are currently looking to fill.
Primary responsibility is accounts payable processing to ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintain accurate records. Position ensures timely filing of tax forms (1099s, sales tax, etc.). In addition, this role will perform certain staff accountant type activities such as preparation of journal entries, various accounting reports, and be accountable for certain period-end account reconciliation efforts.
Duties & Responsibilities
Accounts Payable Processing
- Responsible for the full life cycle of accounts payable processing.
- Maintain the centralized AP inbox.
- Maintain AP approval workflow processes.
- Route vendor invoices to appropriate business approvers.
- Log approved vendor invoices into payables system.
- Prepare weekly AP disbursement batch.
- Correspondence with vendors, as appropriate
- Responsible for full life cycle of personnel expense reimbursement
- Maintain T&E instance (e.g. Concur, Continia, etc.)
- Ensure timely submission, review, and approvals for all users
- Record T&E entries into GL, as appropriate.
- Enters new and maintains existing vendor records in Financial ERP system with appropriate documentation.
- Maintains vendor contract records.
- Creates OCR Templates for recurring vendor invoices.
- Responsible for testing of Accounts Payable module in Financial ERP system within the “test”. environment to ensure updates/upgrades impacting production are appropriate.
- Prepares and mails annual 1099 forms for all vendors, as appropriate.
- Prepares, submits, and records monthly/quarterly/annual sales tax refunds/payments.
- Responsible for Fixed Asset record-keeping and monthly depreciation/amortization entries, as necessary.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of Prepaid Expenses and Accrued Liability accounts and any additional that may be assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Prepares additional general ledger journal entries as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for ongoing management, maintenance, and review of business processes and business process documentation. This includes a review, at least annually, of specified processes to ensure accuracy of documentation and identification of areas for process improvement.
- Assists Accounting Manager in duties as needed.
- Assists VP & Director of Finance in duties as needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the position. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma/GED; associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years or more relevant work experience.
- Technology-forward thinker with a “work smarter” attitude.
- Proficient in MS office product suite
- Familiarity with Cloud-based Financial ERP system(s), MS D365 Business Central preferred.
- Initiator who is detail-oriented and a self-starter.
- Consistently able to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to work in a fast paced, constantly evolving business.
- Able to work professionally with vendors, customers, and team members.
- Able to work with confidential/sensitive data.
- General ability to perform the essential functions and overall physical and mental requirements of this position, including stamina to perform tasks over extended periods and ability to occasionally move about to accomplish tasks or move from one worksite and/or workstation to another.