Company Overview: Clean Water Environmental is a fast-growing environmental business located in Dayton Ohio with extensive benefits and opportunity for career advancement.
CWE currently has a new stream of waste – Disposal of recalled airbags which contain ammonium nitrate as the propellant must be sent to a hazardous waste permitted facility (permitted under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, RCRA).
CWE also treats diverse streams of liquid materials that come to us from chemical plants, refineries, landfills, and manufacturing facilities. Some examples of materials we can service are: Machine coolants and process waters; Combustible and flammable waters (hazardous or exempt); Caustics and Acids; Heavy metals laden waters; and Waters containing alcohols, glycols, oils, fuels, resins and other organics.
CWE does not work with municipality wastewater.
Job Summary: Responsible for executing and reviewing mechanical designs for new and existing facility construction and repairs, upgrades, and recommissioning of existing facilities, independently or as a member of a team, including drawings, specifications, and submittal reviews. Field assignments are local to Dayton Ohio with minimal travel.
Essential Functions: Criteria is set forth by CWE. Responsibilities also include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead creative solutions and problem-solving efforts to bring multiple projects to a close and meet company needs
- Work on technical assignments (both field and office) and support design related projects
- Support proposal generation and business development, creating technical scopes of work and man-hour estimates
- Generates workload plans, design analyses, and construction documents
- Collaborate and coordinate with multiple engineering disciplines, equipment vendors, installation contractors and teams on projects to include facility utility retrofit projects, interfacing with operations and contractors, project cost estimation, identification of energy conservation measures, and plant upgrades
- Execute mechanical, piping and plumbing system drawing development; general electrical knowledge is a must
- Develop schematics, plan drawings, elevation views, section views, P & ID, P & FD, specifications, and installation details
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general sketches, or written and verbal specifications from project team members
- Review drawings supplied by vendors (shop drawings, submittals, etc.)
- Create exhibits and documents for presentations and reports
- Work with the project team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs and make corrections to drawings as requested by the senior staff
- Adhere to discipline-specific AutoCAD and design standards
- Design requirements, including creating standards, details, drawing templates, sheet sets, drawings and designs
- Execute facility designs in accordance with applicable codes and standards
- Develop bill of materials
- Conduct field verification of designs prior to, during, and after construction.
- Assist with selection of system equipment and components when needed
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours, as required
- Redlining leading plan production efforts
Work Environment: Continuous facility work required where there is potential for noise, dust, rain, hot and cold temperatures. Climbing, walking and lifting will be normal daily requirements.
Competencies: Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to read and comprehend information. Must be able to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate adaptability. Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Physical Demands: Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Must be able climb (limited climbing). Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering required, Masters preferred
- 10+ years related experience such as design, DDC, SCADA, faculties utility systems and distribution compressed air, process cooling water, gas distribution, steam boiler, centrifugal chillers, chilled water, fluid transfer, thermal transfer and energy efficiency required
- Leadership and/or management experience required
- Proficiency with MS Office to include Excel and Word required
- Experience with piping and plumbing system design/drafting, and general electrical knowledge required
- Proven experience in plan production and design for building design projects required
- Familiarity with local government permitting codes related to utilities, international mechanical code, international fuel gas code, international plumbing code, international building code, international energy conservation code, fire protection, and plumbing; strong understanding of building and NFPA required
- Must possess valid driver’s license and pass background and drug test required
- Current professional Engineer (PE Mechanical) preferred
- AutoCAD proficiency preferred