At Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our audiences in Northwest Arkansas, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Our organizations’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values: Relevance; Inclusivity; Sustainability; Excellence. Diversity is a commitment at Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us unique.
Walton Arts Center Inc. operates two campuses: a 1,200-seat proscenium theatre and 269-seat black box in Fayetteville and an 11,000-capacity outdoor Amphitheatre known as the Walmart AMP in Rogers, AR. Walton Arts Center has been Arkansas’ premier performing arts center for over 30 years and Walmart AMP has consistently been one of Billboard's top-rated amphitheaters producing 30 plus concerts per season.
Located in the beautiful Ozark Mountains, NWA (as the locals refer to it) includes Benton, Washington, and Madison counties, with five cities: Bentonville, Fayetteville, Rogers, Springdale, and Siloam Springs. The economic opportunity is unparalleled, but so is the lifestyle — see: 400-plus miles of mountain biking trails and paved pathways, a thriving arts community complete with world-class performing arts center and museums, a legitimate beer and food scene, and live music to enjoy. Best of all, it’s a place where everyone is welcome.
The Concessions Zone Supervisor will serve as the initial point of contact for concession staff and will maintain, manage, and execute all duties related to the successful operation of the stand locations in their zone.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Supervise bartenders, cashiers, and runners
- Communicate all event notes to zone staff including intermission and last call timing
- Oversee multiple stand locations including opening, closing, set up, and break down
- Be present and available in assigned zone to assist with cashier voids, reprints, transfers, and general guest inquiries
- Print and distribute Point of Sale (POS) stand sheet documents
- Verify opening counts, transfers, spoils, and ending stand sheet counts, must also be able to input counts into each stand location
- Support the use of the POS devices during the show and assist staff with POS problem solving
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
The work environment as well as the intellectual, social, and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training, Traits
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Arkansas Beverage Certification required
- Exceptional customer service
- Flexibility with hours including early mornings, nights, and weekends. Occasional overtime will be required
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully within ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in restaurants or large venues is preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Must have a working cell phone and be willing to install basic applications and be willing to use it for work purposes
- Must be able to endure sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to endure standing or walking for extended periods of time on various surfaces such as concrete, grass, and inclined surfaces.
- Must be able to endure outdoor elements including cold, heat, wind, and/or precipitation
- Must be able to work in large, crowded environments, with flashing lights, loud music and noises, pyrotechnics, and cannons as part of shows and events