Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include best-in-class Managed Detection & Response powered by a Managed Open XDR platform. The company has a 24/7 Security Operations Center that monitors their own proprietary managed EDR software as well as supporting leadings network, cloud and identity solutions. Advanced threat hunting, defense validation and counterintelligence services provide additional layers of security. Our expert security staff and technology help shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture (from anywhere in the continental United States) and flexible remote work options. For the fourth year in a row, Binary Defense has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US on the Inc. 5000 list! At the 2022 Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Best Technology Solution” for the third year in a row. We’ve also been named “North American Partner of the Year” by AT&T Cybersecurity, providing best-in-class SIEM technology and service. Binary Defense recently completed a $36 million growth equity round of funding from Invictus Growth Partners to accelerate our growth and technology and service delivery offerings.
About the Role
Binary Defense is looking for an intern to work in our Finance Department. You will be assigned to work within one or multiple teams, getting experience in accounting, budgeting, and/or financial reporting. We are open to internships full-time over the summer.
As a remote-friendly team, we default to trust and expect the best from each other. We thrive as a team when we cooperate with each other to deliver timely and effective work. We do our best to help everyone bring their whole selves to work, encourage diversity, and support family-friendliness and flexibility in our schedules.
· Effectively collaborate within a Finance team to:
Assist with financial modeling
Provide general accounting support
Assist with ad hoc financial analysis
· Actively engage with a mentor and your team
· Other projects and responsibilities, as assigned by the direct manager.
· Must be a US Citizen and reside in the continental US.
· Pursuing a Bachelor's Accounting, Finance, or similar degree.
· Enrolled in a full-time degree program, and either a Junior or Senior.
· Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
· Strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
· Enthusiastic, curious learner, and highly collaborative.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Finance - Knowledge and interest in accounting and reporting with strong analytical ability.
· Collaborative - Works closely with team members and stakeholders to understand needs, gain perspective, and collectively deliver solutions with a shared purpose.
· Enthusiastic - must be high-energy and a passionate advocate for quickly delivering value.
· Adaptive and Inclusive - works with team members to understand pain points and adjust standards, tools, and best practices accordingly. Learns from the team and adjusts.
· Attitude of transparency - must desire to bring disclosure and transparency.
· Honest, humble, friendly, and collegial.
· Creative problem-solver - Ability to look at solutions in creative ways and recognize opportunities to innovate.
· Commitment to continuous improvement.
· Accountable - must embody a strong sense of responsibility for the timely completion of tasks, as well as the responsibility to ensure a shared understanding of shared tasks.
· Previous hands-on accounting or finance experience.