Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include best-in-class Managed Detection & Response powered by a Managed Open XDR platform. The company has a 24/7 Security Operations Center that monitors their own proprietary managed EDR software as well as supporting leadings network, cloud and identity solutions. Advanced threat hunting, defense validation and counterintelligence services provide additional layers of security. Our expert security staff and technology help shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture (from anywhere in the continental United States) and flexible remote work options. For the fourth year in a row, Binary Defense has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US on the Inc. 5000 list! At the 2022 Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Best Technology Solution” for the third year in a row. We’ve also been named “North American Partner of the Year” by AT&T Cybersecurity, providing best-in-class SIEM technology and service. Binary Defense recently completed a $36 million growth equity round of funding from Invictus Growth Partners to accelerate our growth and technology and service delivery offerings.
About the Role
Binary Defense is looking for interns to work on expanding the capabilities of our flagship product and our next-generation platform. You will be assigned to work within one of our delivery teams, and get experience solving real problems working across planning, design, development, and testing. We are open to internships full-time over the summer, part-time during the semester sessions, and co-op programs.
As a remote-friendly team, we default to trust and expect the best from each other. We thrive as a team when we cooperate with each other to deliver timely and effective work. We do our best to help everyone bring their whole selves to work, encourage diversity, and support family-friendliness and flexibility in our schedules.
· Effectively collaborate within a product-focused software delivery team to:
Deliver world-class security products of the highest quality utilizing agile engineering and DevOps practices
Define, design, estimate, plan, & execute user stories
Write high-quality, well-tested code
Continuously improve self and team, as well as the technology products and the processes for delivering and supporting those products
· Actively engage with a mentor and your team
· Other projects and responsibilities, as assigned by the direct manager.
· Must be a US Citizen and reside in the continental US.
· Pursuing a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree.
· Enrolled in a full-time degree program, and either a Junior or Senior.
· Experience programming in one of the following languages: C#, Java, Python, Typescript, etc.
· Strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
· Enthusiastic, curious learner, and highly collaborative.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Technologist - Knowledge and interest in the latest system architecture, automation, cloud, and advanced technology trends with the ability to rapidly learn and apply new technology.
· Collaborative - Works closely with team members and stakeholders to understand needs, gain perspective, and collectively deliver solutions with a shared purpose.
· Enthusiastic - must be high-energy and a passionate advocate for quickly delivering value.
· Adaptive and Inclusive - works with team members to understand pain points and adjust standards, tools, and best practices accordingly. Learns from the team and adjusts.
· Attitude of transparency - must desire to bring disclosure and transparency.
· Honest, humble, friendly, and collegial.
· Creative problem-solver - Ability to look at solutions in creative ways and recognize opportunities to innovate.
· Commitment to continuous improvement.
· Accountable - must embody a strong sense of responsibility for the timely completion of tasks, as well as the responsibility to ensure a shared understanding of shared tasks.
· Previous hands-on software development experience.