The Junior Copywriter is responsible for day-to-day creative writing at MarketPlace, including but not limited to creative processes; the ideation, presentation decks, and execution of client branding and assisting in marketing campaigns; the creative quality of client projects. This role will partner with the Associate Creative Director (ACD) to help curate writing aesthetic and work alongside the strategy team to ensure the writing is on strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Write and edit copy for various projects, including websites, social media, digital advertisement, print materials and more.
- Work closely with the creative team to develop concepts and ideas.
- Research and stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices.
- Collaborate with account managers, art directors, creative resource manager, and strategists to ensure copy is on-brand, on time, and aligned with client goals.
- Participate in some client presentations and meetings as needed.
- Implement direction from senior management as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Learn how to craft compelling copy that captures the essence of a brand and resonates with the target audience.
- Gain a deeper understanding of branding, and how to develop messaging that aligns with a brand’s identity and goals.
- Co-create with a creative team to develop concepts and ideas for various projects and learn how to turn them into compelling, on-brand, or on-strategy copy.
- Collaboration: You will work with art directors and clients and learn how to collaborate effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Time management will be crucial for meeting deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- You’re always happy to pitch in on whatever project comes your way.
- You stay on top of your client’s businesses, new technologies, social trends, and more.
- You aren’t afraid to take on a project that might scare you.
- Integrity—If you need to ask, you don’t have it.
- Never satisfied with just okay, you always look for ways to improve things.
- You produce work that makes people excited.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, creative writing, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in copywriting or related field.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong understanding of branding, messaging, and tone.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
At MarketPlace, we’re all about growth. Career, professional – even personal. Here, you’ll have mentorship opportunities from a wide range of smart people, individualized professional development, and the ability to dabble in a lot of different mediums. We’re experts in the incredibly fast-growing industries we serve on both the B2B and B2C side of things, and we’re excited to help you become one, too.