ATTENTION RVTC health career students in their senior year of programming. Springfield Hospital is offering an Internship/Work Study program to assist you with your healthcare career! Seniors can apply for a paid internship/work study program and placed in the clinical environment, following 16 hours of LNA instruction. Prior to LNA instruction, interns will be trained in non-clinical areas of the organization which may include, but is not limited to: dietary, housekeeping, unit secretary, registration, patient service specialists, etc. This will provide the student with a robust introduction to hospital operations and opportunities.
If students remain with the organization while attending college or other formal preparation programs, Springfield Hospital will pay 50% towards tuition for a healthcare related field of study (up to a max of $10,000) in exchange for 1,040 worked hours a year, with an opportunity for student loan repayment upon graduation and full-time employment within the organization.
The Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) demonstrates the knowledge and ability to assist in the delivery of patient care. Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the LNA will perform identified patient care tasks that are reflected in established protocols and competencies. The protocols and competencies have been approved by Springfield Hospital and are within the Licensed Nursing Assistant scope of practice as delineated by the Vermont State Board of Nursing. The LNA will:
- Be responsible for maintaining and/or increasing knowledge in the area of practice.
- Demonstrate the minimum knowledge, skills and ability to participate in care of age specific populations.
- Function as part of the team to provide support to the Inpatient Care Unit environment.
- Function in a calm and professional manner when faced with times of crisis on the unit.
- Enter orders in the computer system and manage the clerical functions of the unit.
- Assist with unit preparedness as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
- Enrolled in an approved course for Licensed Nursing Assistants
- Current Vermont LNA license
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
*Must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 virus and provide required vaccination documentation unless approved for an exemption prior to starting employment.*