With oversight from the Facilities Manager, this position, utilizing existing skills and independent judgment, shall be responsible for the daily maintenance operations and preventative maintenance of the grounds and buildings owned by the Agency. Additionally, this position shall assist the Facilities Manager in facilitating special projects as needed, as well as training maintenance staff.
1. Work with Facilities Manager to determine if janitorial, maintenance, and security services are adequate; identify issues and make recommendations if repair work or changes in procedures are needed; assist in developing specifications for supplies and services.
2. Assist in the monitoring of all facility heating, cooling, fire suppression, elevator, electrical, plumbing, and security systems of the facilities.
3. Complete necessary operating, maintenance, and repair tasks to ensure maximum life and reliability of mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing, and electrical (as allowed by applicable Codes and/or licensing), as well as perform general carpentry, appliance, lighting, and flooring work.
4. Purchase and pick up parts and maintenance supplies for required maintenance repairs.
5. Perform general and preventative maintenance duties, including but not limited to gutter cleaning, landscaping, drywall, painting, etc.
6. In conjunction with the Facilities Manager, conduct annual inspections of all locations, ensuring each location is safe for its users and staff.
7. Assist in the upkeep of agency vehicles, including but not limited to performing safety checks and scheduling preventative maintenance and repairs as needed.
8. Record maintenance and repair information in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
9. Perform maintenance (including snow removal and salting/sanding) to parking lots, driveways, sidewalks, and walkways at all locations as needed to ensure a safe environment for patients, people receiving services, employees, and visitors.
10. Provide training and mentoring to maintenance staff.
11. Assist Facilities Manager with the development, coordination, and completion of special projects as needed.
12. Work a flexible schedule to assist in facility issues that occur after business hours or on weekends.
13. Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor.
1. High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) required.
2. Five years of professional or technical experience required in the area of facility/ground maintenance.
3. Supervisory experience preferred.
4. Current New York State driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle abstract to meet agency insurability standards.
5. Reliable personal vehicle for business use.
6. Must be able to work independently and possess sound decision-making skills.
7. Display follow-through in carrying out directions from management.
8. Exhibit excellent customer-service orientation in responding to maintenance requests.
9. Must possess demonstrated experience implementing and complying with OSHA requirements in a similar environment.
10. Must possess basic computer skills to utilize computer systems/software used for maintenance systems and demonstrated ability to use digital technology, including smartphones.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to lift or move items over 50 pounds frequently.
2. Ability to walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb continuously throughout shift.
3. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
4. Able to tolerate atmospheric conditions when performing regular outdoor seasonal activities.