The Summer 2023 Intern Class application period is now open. You won’t only build your résumé: you’ll build new skills by tackling projects on fast-paced teams. What are you waiting for? You got this!
We are always looking for fresh ideas and talent to help challenge the status quo. If you have what it takes, we want to meet you. Our interns make an impact, not coffee runs. You'll get practical, hands-on experience and exposure to all phases of commercial real estate. Oh, and by the way, thanks to our employees' feedback, BSRE continues to make the list of Best Places to Work in Pittsburgh.
Come work for one of the Pittsburgh’s leading real estate firms and learn from some of the best in the business.
Imagination will take you everywhere.
Are you a student interested in building real-world graphic design experience with an award-winning commercial real estate firm? The Marketing and Brand Experience Team of Burns Scalo Real Estate is looking for a talented and knowledgeable designer with fresh, creative ideas and an excellent eye for detail.
- Create and design print and digital materials.
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline.
- Retouch and manipulate images.
- Use Adobe Created Suite and work with a wide variety of media.
- Collaborate with the MBx Director and Project Managers to develop design concepts.
- Receive feedback from the MBx Director and Project Managers and make necessary changes.
- Assemble final presentation material for production as needed.
- You will be treated as a true member of your team and will work alongside them on actual projects for clients.
What we’re looking for
- Junior or senior studying in college, preferably with a concentration in graphic design, marketing, or advertising; minimum GPA of 3.0
- Microsoft suite experience
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Experience with InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator; HTML, WordPress experience a plus!
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Compelling portfolio of graphic design work
- Reliable transportation to/from the office
- A team-player and ability to flourish in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team capable of building strong internal and external working relationships.
How you’ll make it happen
- Hours: part time position, ranging from 20 to 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- Environment: Office setting
But wait, there’s more
- A first-hand perspective of day-to-day life at the best commercial real estate firm in Pittsburgh.
- Flexibility and autonomy to learn and participate in decision-making.
- All the tools and resources needed to complete your work as efficiently possible.
- Private access to on-site workplace amenities including a fitness center and healthy-living café.
- Opportunities to participate in industry networking events.
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful business professionals.
- Earn college credits (per the college and/or university requirements).
- Company apparel.
Burns Scalo Real Estate has been unlocking human potential by delivering life-changing experiential real estate for more than 65 years. Simply put, we create spaces people want to come to not just have to. When they do, they’re happier, more motivated, and more productive. What we do for our clients, we learned by doing for our people first. Trust us. You’ll feel it when you walk through the front door.
This position will fill quickly. Don’t miss your opportunity. Apply today.
BSRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.