Vice President, Product Management
Voice of Customer Channels
Mission & Vision
We transform how vehicle sellers engage, educate, and interact with shoppers across the entire customer journey, by harnessing the power of digital technology and data. We deliver the world’s most engaging customer experiences for vehicle sellers of every type and size.
As a UX/UI Design Director within the UX team at Impel.io, you’ll lead the creation of thoughtful and compelling user experiences to elevate the brand, engage users and collect behavioral data. You’ll provide design thought leadership and work on complex and interesting UX projects spanning multiple platforms including content delivery, mobile apps and software. You’ll be both a hands-on contributor and a leader / mentor of a small interdisciplinary team, committed to creating industry-leading experiences for some of the most engaged user groups you’ll ever encounter.
Relationships – We are dedicated to transparency, open communication and building trust that lasts beyond a transaction.
Grit – We approach every activity and opportunity with tenacity and tireless execution.
Results – We achieve success for our partners and take personal accountability for everything we do.
Energy – We never settle, we constantly seek out new ideas with ambition and enthusiasm.
Inventiveness – We lead with curiosity, which drives us towards continuous learning and innovation.
Passion – We share an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires us to go above and beyond everything we do.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Lead by example (roll up your sleeves) as well as mentor a small team of UX product designers in designing software applications for both desktop and mobile devices across a range of operating systems.
- Ensure human centered systems thinking is brought to bear to create cohesive and delightful experiences that span hardware, software and content.
- Reinforce a learning mindset: Participate in user research, advocate for our users at every step of the way, and leverage findings artfully to continuously improve designs.
- Bring a keen understanding of our users’ motivations, goals and needs to help define new features, functions and products.
- Influence, challenge, extend and evolve our UX design approaches to craft elegant and consistent design experiences.
- Help evolve our design processes and deliverables to best meet the needs of a growing organization, as well as increase efficiency within the UX group.
- Capture ideas and solutions in varying levels of fidelity, as the situation warrants – from whiteboard sketches to flow charts to interactive prototypes.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Developing the information architecture, interaction design, task flows and navigation design
- A degree in design or a design-related discipline (industrial design, user-centred design, visual design, design strategy, design management, human factors, psychology, human-computer interaction, etc.)
- A passion for great design and an eagerness to mentor and develop creative talent
- Effective communication & time management / prioritization abilities
- Proficiency in adapting processes to meet project needs
- Strong knowledge of product and service design
- Expert understanding of user-centered design methods and principles
- Ability to articulate design approaches and rationales to colleagues and stakeholders
- Drive to collaborate and foster collaboration
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable
- Conceptual ideation and visualization skills
- Proficiency at problem solving in a collaborative environment
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to collaborate
- Experience leading creative teams from concept to implementation
- Solid understanding of all creative disciplines (experience strategy, visual design, UX writing, design research, interaction design)
- Highly proficient in UX-related software packages (e.g. Figma, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Maintains confidentiality of work-related issues, records, and company information.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), interaction design, graphic design, industrial design, information science, computer science or a related field. Graduate degree is a plus.
- 7-10 years of design experience, with a minimum of 3 years leading a design team
- Minimum of 2 years mobile design or responsive design experience
- Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring and inspiring other product designers in their craft.
- Proven track record of successful product releases in which you guided a team through a user-centered product design process.
- Ability to grasp product requirements and scope design work accordingly, with careful attention to detail.
- Strong ability to collaborate with teams across varying disciplines to create a holistic product experience.
- A balance of an analytical mindset, strong vision, and sound technical knowledge in designing for digital platforms and screens of all sizes
- Passion for innovation and a “can do” attitude and a keen attention to detail and systems thinking.
- Ability to interpret and act on design feedback from both collaborators and stakeholders
- Demonstrated eye for visual design and A strong grasp of current UI/UX trends and platforms