OE Solar is Looking for an Autocad Drafter
As New Mexico’s premiere full-service solar installer EPC, we provide affordable and quality service
throughout New Mexico for Commercial and Small Utility Only. If you are driven, self-motivated
and are passionate about renewable energy we would love to hear from you. Find out what it’s like
to work at one of the fastest growing solar firms in New Mexico. We offer generous compensation
packages and benefits that include Health Insurance, PTO, 4 Day Weeks and More than 10 Paid
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Creating and altering construction sketches.
- Printing of CAD drawings (in various formats and packages) and delivering them to the
- correct contact in a timely manner.
- Creating accurate CAD drawings from hand sketches, verbal instructions, and site visits.
- Seamlessly integrating and working with project managers, design consultants, and sub-contractors, to produce and alter drawings.
- Thinking creatively and critically to support the project team in the design process, to create sketches and drawings that work.
- Creating and continually updating project drawings lists.
- Systematically saving sketches and drawings; keeping the server organized; updating
- project folders and files as jobs progress and revisions are made.
- Exhaustively reviewing and checking sketches and drawings for errors, before being sent to
- subcontractors, project managers, etc.
- Seeking clarity and understanding from engineers and project managers when you are not 100% certain of something.
- Create, edit, and update standard details for use in projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- A two-year degree in Computer Aided Drafting, Electrical Design or Architecture Major Preferred.
- Minimum 1-year experience in a CAD Operator role.
- Outstanding fluency and skill within the AutoCAD program.
- Excellent communication skills; listening, comprehension, and feedback.
- A passion for doing high quality work.
- The ability to think critically, innovate, and solve challenging technical problems.
Growth Potential: This position is trained for positions with growth into Solar Designer and Solar
Compensation: DOE ($20 -$29 an Hour)
Employment Type: Full-time or Part -Time available