Armstrong Transport Group is a third-party logistics provider headquartered in the vibrant South End neighborhood of Charlotte, NC, with additional locations in Boise, ID, and Schaumburg, IL. Using the power of innovative technology solutions, we create seamless connections for shippers and carriers while delivering exceptional customer experiences. We’re proud to have a diverse community of more than 150 independent agent offices that rely on us to help grow their business and fuel their success. Behind the scenes, our team of over 230 corporate employees provides unwavering support, ensuring that everyone involved in the logistics process receives the care and attention they deserve. Recognized as a US Best Managed Company and a Top Workplace, Armstrong thrives on creating positive experiences and fostering partnerships to help grow careers.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and tenacious individual to join our team as a Business Development Representative. The primary responsibility of a Business Development Representative is building a book of business and expand the ATG customer base.
Please note this position is 100% in office.
- Use CRM to identify, call, and track prospects
- Effectively maintain a pipeline to generate revenue to meet or exceed goals and expectations
- Perform a minimum of 50 cold calls per day to build a book of business
- Be the first point of contact for a new account
- Transition accounts, once booked, to Account Managers
- Understand market trends and conditions to offer competitive solutions to our customers
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Outbound sales experience required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Confident decision-making skills
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to be 100% in person on-site
ATG offers medical, dental, vision, and flexible spending and HSA benefits on the first of the month following the date of hire. Additional benefits include PTO, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) with 3.5% match.
Armstrong Transport Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.