Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence. Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
We are currently seeking a Director of Finance and Accounting to direct and oversee all financial activities of the organization. This role is critical as it implements and maintains timely reports and information to help ensure the profitable long-term growth strategy for the company. Think you’ve got what it takes? Read on!
The Director of Finance and Accounting will report to the Chief Operations Officer and will oversee a team of three individuals. This role will partner with all key leaders and operating directors to develop accurate corporate finance reporting and analysis, corporate strategy, and process improvement. They will direct day-to-day responsibilities that will include accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, budgeting, and internal controls. A highly visible leader, this role influences external financial relationships including the audit firm, key stakeholders and banking relationships.
- Develops and manages the overall financial strategy for the company, providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends to assist Senior Leadership in the current and projected financial status of the Company
- Ensures all fiscal functions comply with GAAP and regulatory organizations, including annual audit and tax filings
- Prepares monthly company consolidated and business unit financial statements, forecasts, budget to actual summary, and work in process schedule
- Manages maintenance of general ledger; interprets operating results as they affect the financial condition of the company
- Sets and monitors policies and procedures for all receivables, collections, and payables
- Monitors and reports budgeted expenses compared to actual expenses
- Oversees and directs cash management including managing the company’s cash flow, cash availability, and short-term cash
- Maintains banking and insurance broker relationships
- Supports all company acquisition activities, due diligence, financial review and modeling and integration through his/her departments
- Responsible for coordination with outside auditors and tax accountants for providing necessary information for completion of the audit of company’s financial statements and preparation of the company’s tax return
- Researches, develops, implements, and manages finance strategies that are aligned with and support the business plan and vision of the company, maintaining knowledge of best practices in finance/accounting and benchmarks financial information
- Oversees and develops a finance and accounting team capable of carrying out financial and corporate strategy, budgeting and management control, financial management, and job cost management
- Minimum 10 years’ professional leadership experience in a key financial management role with both external audit and in-house financial experience gained in a high-growth organization
- Project accounting experience in a service-oriented business
- Experience with M&A, due diligence, and/or integration
- Experience managing banking relationships
- Extensive business and strategy development
- History of leading complex engagements and managing long-term client relationships
- History of modeling, mentoring, coaching, and producing exceptional future leader candidates
- Adept team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives
- Project management and financial ERP software proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred
- CPA designation required
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.