Are you an experienced direct response fundraiser who is looking to leverage your strategy, production, client service, and analytical skills while making a difference in the world? Would you like to lead a team of an award-winning, dedicated fundraising experts in their mission to help environmental, social justice and cultural arts organizations connect with people who care about progressive causes?
As an Account Director with Avalon Consulting Group – a full-service fundraising consulting agency – you’ll help remarkable organizations achieve their financial goals by leading their multi-channel direct marketing fundraising campaigns from initial concept development to final campaign reports.
One of the Washington Post’s 2022 Top Workplaces, Avalon was founded over two decades ago to create a place for women to have a seat at the table in a male-dominated direct marketing industry. Today, we remain committed to equity and inclusion, and encourage people from all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, national origins, and more to apply.
We are pleased to offer a remote-first work environment. While Avalon has a headquarters office in Washington, DC, any staff member is welcomed to work from the comfort and safety of their home office, with occasional travel required for client meetings, industry events/training, or company gatherings.
What You’ll Do with Us:
- Lead a program management team in the development and execution of all matters related to direct mail production, data, digital fundraising, and telemarketing/texting.
- Provide creative direction on client accounts, collaborating with writers and designers, and implementing campaign strategies.
- Manage client actual-to-budget performance and recommend strategy changes or special client communications, as needed.
- Manage other strategic communications including annual and mid-year reports, program audits, integrated channel analysis, and presentation of Avalon Analytics services.
- Support all client cultivation and business development efforts.
- Supervise and mentor assigned program management staff.
What We Need:
You will be a great fit for us if you possess at least five (5) years of direct response fundraising experience. Non-profit or agency experience is required. You should also possess demonstrated team and project management experience. You must have expertise using Microsoft Office programs including SharePoint, Teams, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Additionally, you must have a proven ability to organize and effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
In addition, the ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to coach and engage a team of skilled professionals.
- Skill in fostering a sense of belonging and inclusion among team members.
- Ability to champion, lead, and drive excitement for change at Avalon.
- Stays well informed about trends, developments, and new forms of technology relevant for area of expertise and department.
- Confident presence in virtual meetings; ability to engage people remotely.
- Strong ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Enjoyment from collaborating with team members, partners, and clients.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced "foot on the pedal" environment.
- Skill in managing multiple projects, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong ability to manage details and immediate concerns alongside strategy and the "big picture."
- Exceptional critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, professionalism, and customer service.
- Eagerness for learning and continuous self-improvement.
Why You Will Love Avalon Consulting…
Since 1997, Avalon has been committed to making the world a better place by helping our clients raise the millions of dollars needed to fulfill their inspiring missions. We’ve created a culture unlike any other agency. We’re remote-first, hiring the best fundraisers in the business, no matter where they work. We also love getting together for team and client meetings when necessary. We're strategic, analytical, creative, innovative, collaborative, compassionate, and most of all: passionate about our work. We love what we do, and it shows in our engaged teams, industry awards, and delighted clients.
As one of the Washington Post’s 2022 Top Workplaces, Avalon is proud of our unparalleled supportive and collaborative team environment that encourages professional development while recognizing the importance of flexibility and work-life balance. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces differences every day, and where each of our staff is supported and inspired to reach their full potential.
Besides being a great place to work, we are pleased to offer a rich, comprehensive benefit plan, including employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid leave, employer-paid life and disability insurance, and a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’re excited to pursue, we would love to speak with you! For consideration, please apply using the provided link by submitting your resume and a cover letter.
Avalon is an equal opportunity employer, and we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to our success. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.