PURIS is a leading producer of plant protein with a commitment to sustainability, environmental stewardship, and social responsibility. We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Team Lead to support the quality and food safety programs for our Turtle Lake, Wisconsin facility. The Quality Team Lead provides quality direction for the plant and supports the Quality Manager to ensure compliance with all customer and regulatory requirements. Position is generally M-F days, flexible hours.
The Quality Assurance Team Lead responsibilities include:
- Ensure plant GMP’s and SQF food safety programs & policies are being followed (frequent interaction on floor with operations).
- Oversee the Environmental monitoring program, responsible for corrective action reports and re-samples for presumptive or positive swabs.
- Oversee sanitation and pest control activities of the plant to ensure food safety.
- Perform/coordinate glass and hard plastic audits, internal GMP and SQF Audits as assigned per schedule.
- Write and implement or update new procedures or work instructions as needed.
- Perform Training for all Quality Systems (contractor, new hire, quality, and food safety).
- Participate on the HACCP team.
- Coordinate investigation of Corrective and Preventative Actions related to food safety and quality.
- Support the Shift Production Managers in daily quality review of production documentation, including HACCP review.
- Be aware of and follow all plant safety rules.
- Provide back-up and workload support to the QA Manager as necessary, including new supplier approval, document control coordinator, and customer complaint investigation.
- Perform additional quality assurance tasks as needed.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated problem solving skills (extensive experience with root cause analysis and CAPA programs).
- Knowledge of food manufacturing processes and sanitation programs
- Solid understanding of food safety.
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point)/PCQI certified, SQF practitioner or willing to obtain in the first 3 months of employment.
- Strong Computer skills - Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Food Safety & Quality Assurance in the food manufacturing industry.
- Must be capable of working at elevated heights, lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to adapt to temperature & environmental extremes from hot to cold, noise, dust, dirt and chemicals.
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time working on the computer.
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) to learn more or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.