Manufacturing Engineer Team Leader
We’re on a mission to define and deliver the future of mission-critical electronics. We’re looking for a talented Manufacturing Engineer Team Leader, (ETL) who will help us push the boundaries of electronics performance and innovation. We design and manufacture high-performance crystal oscillators and time and frequency related systems, for both commercial and defense markets. For nearly 45 years our culture of success and employee empowerment has enabled talented ETL to develop their careers and help us deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers. In addition to our outstanding and uplifting company culture, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Quantic Wenzel is located in Austin, Texas, and has been in business since 1978.
In this role, you report to the Director of Operations and lead key projects to improve quality, profitability, and customer satisfaction. Quantic Wenzel’s products are the highest performance oscillators and frequency sources in the world. The manufacturing processes involved are complex and this role is critical to ensure the cost, quality, on time delivery targets are met. This role will interact with Program Managers, Design Engineers, Technicians and Executive Management to identify and lead key project that make a large impact on the overall business. This role will lead a variety of projects including optimizing the processes used to boot up, tune and validate frequency source assemblies, standardize methods for repetitive tasks across product lines, and reduce the manual labor hours required to deliver product. In addition, this role will serve as a lead to collaborate with design engineers to ensure new technologies are optimized for manufacturability. This role has career growth opportunity, initially leading a small team of manufacturing engineers as direct reports. As the impact of this role grows, so will the responsibilities. Quantic Wenzel is interested in developing employees by providing training and tuition assistance if necessary
- - Developing new manufacturing processes or improving existing processes to reduce cost, improve quality or reduce lead time.
- - Develop a team of direct reports to fulfill business objectives.
- - Evaluating equipment and tools to determine if they are appropriate for the given task.
- Conducting research to identify new methods that can be used in the manufacturing process.
- Conducting quality control procedures to ensure products meet specifications.
- Training staff in new and existing processes.
- Collaborating with other engineers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Organizing and managing manufacturing workflows and resources.
- Resolving issues and delays in production.
- Work with engineers to create manufacturable new designs for products or processes that meet customer needs.
- Identifying areas of improvement or bottlenecks in production.
- Use principles of Six Sigma, LEAN engineering and TOC (Theory of Constraints) to assure the quality and customer satisfaction of process improvements.
- B.S. in Engineering, preferably EE.
- Prior experience in manufacturing and test.
- 5 years of professional experience
- Ability to work in the manufacturing location in Austin, TX
- US Citizen or Permanent US Resident.
- MS Office Familiarity
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills with a high level of persistence. Excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to work on multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Familiarity with test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, power supplies, and other basic devices. along with a working knowledge of quality assurance techniques.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.