The Maintenance Technician troubleshoots, diagnoses, and corrects problems in production and support equipment.
Candidates MUST be able to:
- Diagnose, plan, an perform all mechanical operations.
- Modify, dismantle, overhaul, and rebuild all types of manufacturing equipment.
- Analyze drawings and sketches.
- Determine installation requirements.
- Follow lockout/tagout procedures.
- Work both on a team and independently.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Training or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knows location of all equipment.
- Ability to read measurement tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. .
- Ability to lift, bend, push, pull, and move materials up to or exceeding 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk an entire shift (can be 8-10 hours)
- Works on ladders, scaffolds and in pits.
Employees must be able to cope with Iowa climates; endure heat and cold conditions in the building. Fast paced workloads and loud noise levels are normal. Paint fumes and exposure to chemicals associated may be present. Personal Protective Equipment as required by OSHA will be provided by the Company.