Responsible for providing the best quality technical support and service to our medical imaging customers through parts validation, repairing, inspecting, and testing medical imaging parts and equipment.
This position is located at our newest facility, Block Imaging West, located in Rancho Cordova, CA. Block Imaging West is home to a small, growing team that works on various projects including selling/buying imaging equipment, CT tube repair, shipping/receiving, and more!
Learn even more about Block Imaging West here: https://www.blockimaging.com/block-imaging-west
About Block Imaging:
The Block Imaging team, headquartered in Holt, Michigan, serves healthcare providers around the world with new and refurbished diagnostic imaging equipment, parts, and service. Founded in 1997, Block Imaging has grown to 160+ team members with six locations across the globe. Following our mission, People Matter, we create a second chance at life for imaging equipment so healthcare providers can provide a second chance at life for patients.
- To provide Delivery Excellence to each of our customers and assure that their needs are met.
- To confirm that parts are validated and functioning to OEM performance levels.
- To confirm that imaging systems used for the parts validation process have been fully calibrated and are functioning to OEM specifications.
- To ensure that the needs of customers are being met in a timely manner.
- To move the company forward in engineering competency.
- To maintain a safe, clean, and functioning facility.
- To represent the company in a manner that shows the end-user, confidence, knowledge, and courtesy.
- Complete validation and repair of parts from imaging systems and document accordingly.
- Evaluate and plan out equipment needed for parts validation and repairs on medical equipment.
- Basic troubleshooting of parts on medical equipment according to OEM specifications.
- Continual expansion of knowledge base in the validation, repair, and installation of parts.
- Support management through project feedback and communication of issues and opportunities.
- To ensure that circuit boards and assemblies are prepped and cosmetically ready for sale or installation.
- Run basic test protocols.
- Working respectfully, cooperatively, and professionally with others in the best interest of the company.
- To develop expertise in mechanical install/removal of imaging equipment
- To ensure all the work is documented in a manner required for compliance and for maintenance of appropriate internal standards.
- To perform all functions in a safe and appropriate manner, adhering to guidelines set by OSHA for the warehouse.
- To maintain a safe, clean, and functioning workspace.
- This position may involve up to 50 percent travel and require flexibility to travel when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Exhibit the Block Core Values of Integrity, Honor, Together, and Growth. Make choices that contribute to the development and reinforcement of the core values.
- Meeting deadlines for Parts Validation.
- Improving efficiency of untested parts as well as maintaining proper documentation.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of compliance with safety procedures and regulations.
- Review of the database for current and accurate data.
- Assess the technical knowledge and ability to validate parts.
- Review the facility for cleanliness.
- Feedback from management, co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Review of Performance Evaluation.
- Other key performance metrics.
Education: Associates degree in Engineering or Military experience or equivalent.
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in medical imaging engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Computer diagnostic software and hardware
- Database entry and management
- Communication, especially listening and speaking
- Ability to work cooperatively and be a Self-starter
- Valid driver’s license and proof of safe driving history
- Submit to and successfully complete MVR and criminal background check and drug screen
- Submit to and pass a medical exam required under Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations and a written examination if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles
- Drivers must comply with on-the-job driver’s safety training if asked to operate rental trucks or fleet vehicles
- Must be 21 or older to drive company vehicle.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources.
- Physical activity that requires often bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, kneeling and/or twisting.
- Physical activity that sometimes involves pushing and/or pulling over 25 lbs. but not more than 75 lbs.
- Physical activity that sometimes involves lifting over 25 lbs. but not more than 75 lbs.
- Physical activity that requires travel and flexibility of schedule.
- Physical activity that requires keyboarding, sitting, phone work and filing.
- Job may include occasional driving of rental trucks or fleet vehicles.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires exposure to loud noises that do not require ear plugs.
- Physical activity that often requires exposure to machinery.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires exposure to hazardous materials (MSDS available).
Block Imaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.