The Executive Administrative Assistant (EAA) provides senior-level administrative support to the Optikos CEO/President. The position requires a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced individual who is able to take on a wide range of responsibilities in a fast-paced, quality-focused work environment. As a key member of the executive staff, the EAA demonstrates a positive, cooperative and efficient approach to his/her duties. Key areas of focus include managing the CEO’s calendar, scheduling/logistics support for in-person and virtual meetings, assisting with internal and external communications, arranging travel plans/producing itineraries, performing basic finance support, providing assistance with the preparation of presentations/reports and correspondence, and undertaking other related duties as needed. The EAA must demonstrate initiative, professionalism and discretion.
- Manages President’s calendar, and organizes in-person and virtual meetings. Duties include attendee notifications/confirmations, and preparation of materials and conference rooms. Assists in managing unplanned/urgent requests for CEOs time.
- Makes arrangements for international and domestic travel and prepares itinerary materials for executive team members. Examples of duties include:
- Pre-travel research on required entry and exit processes (VISAs, vaccines, COVID Testing, quarantine rules, travel masks –N95s etc.) and
- Maintenance of executive team members vaccine records, passports, VISA, credit card, TSA, CLEAR, airline memberships, etc.
- Preserves confidentiality on all work items at all times.
- Assists with developing presentations, templates, graphics, and chart inputs at the highest professional standards. Proofreads, and edits presentations and correspondence. Undertakes other special projects.
- Promotes collaboration and unity of effort with administrative staff across the organization and with the executive team.
- Daily oversite of office operations including intake, screening and routing of inbound telephone calls, mail, publications, etc.
- Promotes best practices in areas such as customer and employee relations, operations, e.g., office supplies equipment, efficient workflow/floor plan logistics.
About Optikos Corporation:
For the last 40 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design, including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems, in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
If you are an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual looking for a challenge and the opportunity to continue to develop professionally, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This in-office position is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts facility. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment.
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5+ years of experience providing administrative support to senior-level staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a successful track record as a positive and supportive team member
- Experience with executive level calendar management
- Experience arranging travel and producing itineraries
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Flexibility and poise when priorities and plans change
- Ability to process directions, and proactively solve problems
- Quality-focused and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office products and ZOOM
- Experience with Syspro or other automated accounting systems is a plus
- Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Displays high degree of professionalism in order to maintain confidential information with discretion, deal with people tactfully, and help establish strong relationships and positive communication