Interfaith America is a national nonprofit organization based in Chicago. We believe that religious diversity is a foundational American strength, and we are building a nation that achieves that promise for the common good. Our mission is to inspire, equip, and connect organizations and leaders to unlock the potential of America’s religious diversity. We leverage our expertise in interfaith leadership in different sectors and spaces in American life, such higher education, health, public policy, racial equity, corporations/business, tech - giving leaders and institutions the tools and resources they need to positively engage religious diversity for the common good.
At Interfaith America, we are ever adapting and changing. We look for people who set audacious goals and love that one workday may not be like the next. We are committed to supporting work at the intersection of racial equity and interfaith cooperation. We believe in the essential contributions of countless religious and secular traditions that affirm dignity and justice for every human being. We are utilizing our interfaith leadership to contribute to the transformation of America into the promise of what it can be but has not yet been. We seek to attract and retain a team of staff comprised of the diverse identities we need to achieve our vision, including minority religious groups and people of color.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and deploying impactful digital advertising strategies and campaigns to ensure that inspiring stories from the interfaith movement reach the tens of thousands of people in our fast-growing network. This person will work in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications and organization-wide stakeholders to bring strong improvements in online engagement as well as with online fundraising efforts.
As an integral part of the Marketing & Communications team, the Digital Marketing Manager will focus their time on building awareness of Interfaith America’s mission and initiatives across all key channels, increasing the number of marketable leads, and inspiring our new and existing audiences to take both online and offline action in helping IA achieve its mission.
To thrive in this role, you must be self-motivated, agile and capable of working at a strategic level while simultaneously executing on a tactical level. We're looking for someone with a strong background in digital marketing (email, PPC, SEM) and data-driven strategies.
SEM and Lead Generation
- Audit, enhance and manage SEO and SEM to support advertising, social, and website, including recommending and updating website sections to support organizational priorities, as appropriate. Work closely with the Marketing & Communications team to ensure all social and web content is keyword optimized to elevate visibility and searchability across platforms.
- Develop and implement effective paid media strategies to drive lead generation efforts, including placing ads and/or retargeting ads, executing campaigns, evaluating results, optimizing Google Ads & Google Grant, and implementing A/B ad testing.
- Collect, monitor, and analyze results for all lead generation activities, awareness-building campaigns, donor engagement and conversion efforts. Develop and present findings, make recommendations to improve the approach, and implement necessary improvements.
- Develop and understand segmentation for new and existing contacts. Identify and plan approaches to engage segments and leads, optimize engagement and donor conversion across the web and digital channels, including web content, landing pages, online forms, etc. Work in coordination with the Social Media Manager and the Web Manager
- Organize and maintain network data for organizational reporting and dashboards in Salesforce
- Ensure all content, ads, etc. are created in IA branding.
- Manage paid media budget
- Stay up-to-date on new digital media technologies, their capabilities, and best practices.
- Utilize Salesforce, Pardot, and Mail Chimp to develop email campaigns and send marketing emails to our network, in coordination with the respective program teams.
- Determine audiences for every email communication and use segmentation to maximize engagement, prevent list burn-out, and improve deliverability
- Monitor and evaluate activities and make data-driven decisions about adjustments and new strategies as needed to continually optimize campaigns and initiatives—including managing and organizing our CRM systems (Salesforce).
- Research, test, design and implement CRM based automated email journeys
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in communications and/or marketing experience
- Proven project management and organizational skills
- Experience crafting targeted content, deploying paid media, and creating marketing automation systems that generate measurable ROI
- Experience with email marketing/communications and email marketing software (Marketing Cloud, MailChimp, Pardot, SendGrid, etc.)
- Audience databases/constituent relationship management (CRM) tools like Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, or Zoho
- Data-driven with knowledge of key metrics to evaluate email communications
- Ability to plan and manage under a tight deadline with the ability to multitask and be flexible and effective in fast-paced and high-pressure situations
- Authorization to work in the United States
- COVID-19 vaccination
Preferred Experience, but not required
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Familiarity with project management tools and systems like Asana
- High level of religious literacy and fluency in diversity, pluralism, and inclusion
- Relationship Building - Being able to connect with others (internally and externally) to form positive working relationships.
- Project Management - Aptly leading, planning, and executing project or pieces of a project, ensuring all project members are staying within timelines and budgets.
- Results oriented – Ability to complete multiple assigned tasks across multiple program and project areas with a high level of excellence, attention to detail and within assigned deadlines.
- Adaptability - Adapting to change within the organization, programs, and projects with grace and a positive attitude.
- DEI Cultural Competency - Ability to understand, appreciate and interact effectively with people from cultures, identities, lived experiences, or belief systems different from one's own.
Location: Preferred 2-3 days per week from our Chicago Loop office, open to remote applicants
Supervisor: Director of Marketing & Communications
Leadership Level: Manager
The Digital Marketing Manager position requires the ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to: maintain regular attendance; travel to campuses across this US; work cooperatively with others; adhere to Interfaith America personnel policies and safety rules; sit and/or stand for extended periods of time; operate standard office equipment, including computers, telephones, photocopiers, and projectors; communicate orally, in writing, and via computers and digital devices; and requires close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, transcribe, view a computer terminal and other office equipment.
Interfaith America is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Reasonable accommodation will be provided as needed to enable qualified applicants with a disability to participate in pre-employment procedures.