Armstrong Transport Group, LLC is a third-party logistics provider headquartered in Charlotte, NC.
We match our customers’ needs with the variety of services we provide. From LTL to full truckload, international, intermodal (and everything in between) there is no project too big or too small for Armstrong to handle. Today, we have over 150 agent offices and more than 1,000 logistics professionals working around the country. Our customers, carriers, and agents are supported by a team of over 100 corporate employees.
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our software engineering group. The primary responsibility will be to research, design, implement and manage enterprise software (SaaS) and application capabilities. As a Senior Developer, you will be responsible for designing and developing application code, test, deploy and support internal capabilities that directly deliver to our logistics professionals on a daily basis. You will work closely with other developers, UX designers, and business analysts to ensure our applications are working and delivering business value to our stakeholders.
*This is a hybrid position, with Mondays and Wednesdays in the office.
- Design, develop and integrate application code with rest of ATG’s technology stack
- Train and mentor junior developers across the team in developing and implement efficient code
- Perform code reviews and implement best practices as necessary
- Verify that developed code meets standards set by the requirements team and meet stakeholders expectations
- Identify maintenance areas and/or fixing any current issues with applications and upgrade the systems/code as necessary
- Deploy software tools, processes, and metrics and support in-house DevOps capabilities
- Understand business initiatives, requirements analysis, and decide how to implement them (often drawing a line between the “right way” vs. “quick way"
- Responsible for a POD (Product oriented delivery) model with a group of developers and work closely with QA (quality assurance) and other internal engineering teams
- Self-starter and Champion innovative ways, from concept to design to execution and production rollout
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Between 6-10 years of progressive software development experience
- Strong understanding of relational database design and web technologies
- Understanding of all phases of the MS Software Development Life Cycle and process methodologies
- Ability to evaluate an existing architecture and document issues and suggested improvements
- Ability to work independently as well as within a small team
- Ability to understand technical documents
- Ability to successfully manage multiple task assignments across several projects
- A proactive approach to problem resolution and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong preference for React, React-Redux, JQuery, and/or Angular experience
ATG offers medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and HSA benefits on the first of the month following the date of hire. Additional benefits include PTO, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to a 3.5% match.
Armstrong Transport Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.