Summer Camp Art Education Coordinator
This position leads all artistic endeavors during summer camp by primarily developing and providing daily art projects and activities to engage campers from second grade – high school ages. They maintain the Art Room in a tidy manner and create a welcoming environment for all campers to enjoy and express themselves through art.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and operate a meaningful program in the area of your specialization geared to ages, interests and abilities of the campers.
- Coordinate your specialization with other camp activities and plans.
- Establish an Art Center with creative activities.
- Plan and facilitate art projects for each day that all campers can do during Recreation Time: the hours of 3-5 and 7-8.
- Help plan and implement major events for camp. (Example: themed days, etc.)
- Make recommendations for program growth and emphasis in your area.
- Participate in every phase of camp and lend assistance to other staff when possible.
- Keep inventory of all equipment and supplies.
- Write a complete evaluation of the summer program and place a tentative order for materials for the following summer.
- Keep all areas clean and organized.
- All other duties and tasks assigned to you by the Camp Coordinator
Interest in art and ability to create programming. Desire to work with children.