Manufacturing Quality Assurance Engineer
Under the minimal supervision of the Quality Manager. Provides technical support for the development and implementation of ISO 9000 Quality Management systems in a Lean Continuous Process Improvement environment. Also, to provide quality engineering support to all sales, engineering, procurement, and production operations.
JOB DUTIES: Include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists Quality Manager in maintaining the Quality Management System and performs the duties of the Quality Manager in his/her absence
- Proven experience in maintaining ISO 9000 certification: auditing, reporting KPIs, documentation generation and maintenance
- Provides technical Quality oversight of contract review, design review, work order review, vendor qualification and production audit for customer contracts/specifications, design documents, purchase orders, and other documents to ensure that customer and regulatory requirements are met
- Serves as a member of the MRB; reviews defective material; develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition; determines additional process steps required; updates inspection and engineering documentation; trains personnel; and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility
- Application experience of quality tools such as FMEA, PMP, SPC, 8D methodology, etc.
- Sponsors for regulatory, partnership, or customer audits; participates in and leads internal and external audits
- Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for processes, materials, and products
- Troubleshoot technical product issues and work with engineering team for resolution
- Devises sampling procedures including forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting the data
- Establishes programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities; evaluates production capabilities using statistical analysis (Process Capability Analysis) and recommend improvements:
- Lead and facilitate cross functional team in creation and of FMEA and PFMEA
- Provides quality engineering leadership to supplier development and sourcing activities and performs annual supplier evaluations
- Supports Continuous Process Improvement and Kaizen activities where appropriate and serves as a key member of project teams involved in new product introduction
- Directs the Measuring & Test Equipment program
- Develop and maintain internal quality system, procedures, work instructions and workmanship standards
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or, a related technical field, or equivalent
- At least 3 years of work experience in quality assurance
- 5 years’ experience in quality engineering role or technical role in electronic manufacturing environment
- Strong statistical analysis knowledge and application
- Process audit methodology, reporting, CAPA implementation
- ISO/TL 9000 maintenance and support
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational and follow-up skills
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.