Kennebec Valley Community Action Program (KVCAP), which seeks to strengthen individuals, families and communities through direct services and community collaborations that create solutions to poverty, is looking to hire full-time Family Visitors (36-40 hours) in the Augusta area. Family Visitors partner with expectant parents and parents of young children in their home and virtually to help families understand their child’s development, support the parent-child relationship, share activities, create and work toward family goals, and connect family with community resources through referrals.
- Family Visitor I (Starting salary range: $18.60-$20.00)
- Associates Degree or equivalent college credit and two years supervised work experience with families and young children
- Family Visitor II (Starting salary range: $19.50-$21.00)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Social work, or related field and one year previous supervised work experience with young children and/or parents
- Ability to pass State Bureau of Investigation, DHHS, DMV, National Sex Offender Registry and Fraud background checks.
- Vehicle with liability insurance
- 13 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day)
- Low cost health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance options
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off program that starts at 4 weeks per year
- Employer-sponsored retirement plan that includes an employer contribution and an employer match
- Annual CSA program that delivers a weekly box of food from local farms to all participating employees for 20+ weeks per year
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Mileage Reimbursement