Paint Line Operator
Nicholasville, KY • Manufacturing
Job Title: Paint Line Operator
FLSA: Non-Exempt: Hourly
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Reports to: Production Supervisor Travel: None
Job Summary: Applies protective and/or decorative paint finished to prepared surfaces by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies protective and/or decorative paint finishes to prepared surfaces on a variety of products to suit specifications.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose paint problems as necessary.
- Mixes and prepares paint using proper techniques for maximum coverage and minimum waste.
- Maintains equipment and area in a clean and safe condition.
- Preps and paints product on a rotating basis.
- Completes and submits shop work orders, rework, and miscellaneous sheets to update individual utilization reports daily or as required ensuring hours worked equals hours paid.
- May pre-treat products before painting, as needed.
- Lifts heavy, approximately 40 lbs., material daily.
- Assists in loading and unloading of paint line.
- Helps in training of new employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent. One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near moving mechanical parts or machinery.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.