Safety Management Group is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning and implementation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k with employer matching, paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
Safety Management Group is seeking an Environmental Advisor – TFS (Transmission Field Services)
The key functions of an Environmental Advisor are to put the environment and safety at the forefront of their job, meet the client’s needs, work well in a team setting, be self-managed, and be flexible when it comes to change.
The Associate in this role will be working in a field/construction environment safely providing the following services:
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Complete inspections of storm-water management systems and associated BMPs at or around designated transmission
• Communicate observations and/or maintenance needs as well as inspection results to designated Transmission Field Services
• Track all inspection requirements and compliance/maintenance related documentation in designated system
• Conduct reviews at substation facilities of changes in oil-filled equipment for development or modification to Spill Prevention,
Control, and Countermeasure Plans (SPCC)
• Collaborate with client’s internal environmental & operations team
• Note and communicate any safety observations
• Must possess previous experience working with Storm Water Management Systems and SPCC
• Degree in environmental, engineering or related science field
Experience preferred in the following areas:
• Experience with storm water inspections, maintenance, and compliance
• Experience in SPCC plan surveys/development and implementation
• Possess proven time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to support
• numerous sites
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Physical Demands of the job may include:
• Moving about long distances
• Ascending/Descending stairs and ladders
• Remaining in a stationary position for a prolonged period of time
• Working in extreme weather
• Being exposed to loud noises
• Wearing personal protective gear correctly most of the day
Come join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
Safety Management Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.