Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Associate will be located at the company’s manufacturing location in Medina, OH (Greater Cleveland area). This individual coordinates the Shipping / Receiving operations of Medina warehouse functions (receiving, shipping and material handling).
- The essential functions are tasks, duties and responsibilities that are critical to the job, the employee must be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The employee is responsible for supporting the materials management function of the logistics department and indirectly supporting the overall sales functions required within.
- Communicates any discrepancies in inventory levels and or receiving discrepancies directly with the Warehouse Supervisor and Purchasing.
- Will have direct communication with the Customer Service group & Production Supervisors to ensure timely movement of shipping of sales orders.
- Pick orders accurately and promptly using bar code scanners.
- Receive inventory accurately and promptly, reporting discrepancies immediately.
- Restock inventory into designated storage areas in an orderly manner.
- Truck loading and unloading following procedures set forth.
- Check assigned equipment daily for operation and functionality and communicate any issues immediately.
- Follow safe work habits and established safety procedures.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Participate in general housekeeping of the warehouse.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of warehouse experience in similar plant surroundings.
- Able to work overtime and nights as required
- Hazardous materials experience highly desired.
- Must have forklift license
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
- Overall knowledge of warehouse equipment, and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proficient with PC applications such as Email, Word, and Excel; printers; RF Scanner; WMS systems; and UPS and FedEx systems
- Knowledge of inventory control systems and cutoffs
- Skilled in driving a forklift and the use of other material handling equipment
- Certificate of OSHA Forklift Training is required
- Strong attention to details, organization ability and ability to interact well with others
- Exhibits professionalism
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a chemical manufacturing plant environment
- Occasionally may be required to reach, squat, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Spray Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Spray Products is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Spray Products are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Spray Products will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Spray Products encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Type: Full-time