Job Title: Senior Program Manager
Location: Washington, DC (Capital Group Corporate Office) Position: Full-Time
Job Description: Capital Group is seeking Program Managers to support FAA customer(s). The candidate must have expertise in providing high-quality professional consultancy support for complex mission-critical programs including experience with the development of engineering, business, and implementation products in support of investment and acquisition/procurement milestones. The candidate must be results driven and able to analyze challenging programmatic/acquisition issues and identify alternative courses of action, provide leadership across the acquisition lifecycle and manage multiple threads including the engineering, business case, and acquisition strategy to meet program objectives. The candidate must have the ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, demonstrate teamwork and initiative, and function productively in the face of new assignments and the re-prioritization of existing assignments. The candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service, problem-solving, analytical, organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work directly with FAA program managers and provide flexible capabilities to handle wide range of tasks.
- Provide program-level coordination with FAA organizations and other key stakeholders for an acquisition program is required.
- Support the customer in developing strategies and tailoring recommendations for adhering to acquisition policy and process requirements while meeting developing and deployment timelines.
- Develop and manage complex schedules for multiple projects and initiatives.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of one or more projects to achieve the Program Office’s vision. Typically work leading a team and perform liaison activities with upper management and stakeholders.
- Manage alignment of top-down vision, goals and objectives from business strategy flowing through to successful completion of projects for program objectives.
- Monitors project activities and resources to mitigate risk.
- Develops and presents briefing material on all aspects of the project to all levels of program stakeholders.
- Develops, reviews and coordinates technical and programmatic artifacts necessary to receive managerial and executive. Artifacts include:
- Program Management Plan
- Statements of Work/Performance Work Statements
- Requirements Documents/Specifications
- Strategy Documents
- Market Surveys/Request for Information
- Screening Information Request/Request for Proposals
- Development of contract pricing structures.
- Deployment Plans
- Logistics Plans
- Cost & benefits analysis (work breakdown structures, cost accounting principles/financial models, schedule development and analysis, business case, CFO Packages, independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs)
About the Company
Capital Group, an 8a certified small business, is a customer responsive firm with an extensive record of providing superior professional support services to Federal clients. Our professional services include full life cycle strategic consulting, acquisitions strategy development and implementation, systems engineering, program management and business and financial management.
Capital Group offers competitive wages and provides excellent benefits. We offer a 401(k) plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, paid time off, company social and charity events, and much more.
- Bachelor Degree in Management, Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Math, Science, or related field.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of Program Management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP), or equivalent project or program management certification.
- Must be a US citizen and meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust.
Desired Skills and Experience
- FAA’s Acquisition Management System (AMS) and/or the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Federal government consulting experience. FAA is highly preferred.
- Experience working and building relationships with client executives and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, as well as be a team player under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- Possess excellent computer literacy with the ability to function in FAA multi-system software applications to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, SharePoint.
- Ability to prioritize and manage actions to meet changing deadlines and requirements within a high volume, high stress environment.
- Ability to solve problems through systematic analysis of processes with sound judgment with a realistic understanding of relevant issues.
- Master degree.