Job Title: Proposal Manager
Location: Washington, DC Position: Full-Time
Job Description: Capital Group is seeking a Proposal Manager to coordinate all phases of the company’s proposal process in response to Market Survey/Request for Information and draft and final Request for Proposals. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines, commitment to teamwork, and achieve results. The candidate will be responsible for managing the activities involved in the development of all proposals for Capital Group. The candidate will coordinate with various Capital Group teams to define technical approaches and solutions for inclusion in various proposal volumes. The candidate must possess outstanding written communication skills and possess the ability to understand and distill complex technical information into plain language.
- Responsible for the overall management, oversight and tracking of all activities relevant to the development, production, and revision of proposals.
- Analyze the government solicitation and identify all requirements and criteria for evaluation.
- Develop and maintain the proposal development schedule, outline, and compliance matrix.
- Drive the proposal process and lead critical milestones including storyboards, color reviews, and content development discussions, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Manage technical volumes & sections, including technical & management approaches, personnel & staffing approaches, past performance & corporate experience.
- Coordinate all production aspects (word processing, graphics, editing, proofreading, reproduction, printing, collation, and binding) in support of proposal activities.
- Manage the virtual proposal development environment.
- Prepare status reports and briefings for management; prepares, presents, conducts, and participates in reviews at all stages in the proposal.
- Responsible for providing direction, training, and performance evaluation of personnel assigned to support proposal effort.
- Direct and engage key personnel in all proposal review activities and ensures compliance with all corporate and legal requirements.
- Act as the single point of contact between operational, proposal and production staff relative to all proposal development and production matters.
- Responsibility across multiple, concurrent projects, this position is characterized by shifting priorities, and stringent deadlines to accomplish tasks for client deadlines.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. The company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
About the Company
Capital Group, an 8a certified small business, is a customer responsive firm with an extensive record of providing superior professional support services to Federal clients. Our professional services include full life cycle strategic consulting, acquisitions strategy development and implementation, systems engineering, program management and business and financial management.
Capital Group offers competitive wages and provides excellent benefits. We offer a 401(k) plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, paid time off, company social and charity events, and much more.
- Bachelor Degree desired, experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum ten (10) years in Federal Government proposal development, a minimum of 8 years in a proposal management role.
- Must have experience working in the proposal process and developing storyboards, mock-ups, proposal outlines, and compliance matrices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Highly organized, team-oriented, enthusiastic, independent thinker, and collaborative.
- Outstanding written and oral communication are critical.
- Experience leading proposal teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting critical business development activities.
- Proven successful experience editing, writing, and managing responses to federal RFPs of moderate to high complexity
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Shipley certification a plus