Job Title: Business Development & Capture Manager
Location: Washington, DC Position: Full-Time
Job Description: Capital Group is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and experienced Business Development & Capture Manager with experience generating new business opportunities and forming new business relationships, knowledge of the contractual requirements of the industry, and a track record of proven results. Responsibilities include full opportunity lifecycle management to include identification and qualification of opportunities, development and maintenance of the opportunity pipeline, development of customer-focused solutions, development and maintenance of customer relationships, and working with executive staff to obtain opportunity pursuit approvals. Additional responsibilities include supporting the development of strong proposals and driving revenues.
There is flexibility for some remote work, but the selected candidate will be required to report to our Washington, DC office on an as-needed basis.
- Formulating and executing strategy, pipeline development, and other activities to win new business
- Ensuring that Capital Group is viewed as a key partner across multiple markets, and helping position Capital Group favorably in the eyes of both the customer and teaming partners
- Owning the development and execution of an account strategy and pipeline while making recommendations for modifications when necessary
- Identifying opportunities with high proposal win potential, qualifying opportunities, and working with our internal teams to win
- Overseeing the development and execution of customer call plans for opportunities, assessing the competitive landscape, and applying knowledge of leading competitors to foster the development and implementation of an effective and differentiated win strategy
- Aiding in the negotiation of teaming agreements, contracts, and proposal development
- Developing and briefing bid/no-bid recommendations, pursuit and capture strategies for new business opportunities; and associated business cases for advancing opportunities that will grow the business base
- Using strong client management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain lasting relationships with government and industry partners through daily interactions across markets to gain valuable intelligence and insights and subsequently position Capital Group as a trusted partner to customers
- Managing responses to government market research inquiries (e.g. RFIs, Sources Sought Notices, etc.), attend industry events and participate in thought leadership initiatives
- Shaping acquisition strategies by leveraging client relationships, company capabilities and experience, partners, and contracting vehicles
- Delivering presentations and communicating to internal and external audiences
- Engage on plans and activities for business development to increase revenue, growth, and profit in support of long-term strategy and business objectives.
- Leveraging the skillsets of team(s) to ensure complete capture process alignment including: customer contact, win strategy development, competitive intelligence, and gap analysis.
- Present status of captures at required meetings and progress the opportunities through specified milestones in the capture process.
- Lead and facilitate win strategy development sessions including technical, management, teaming, past performance, staffing, pricing, etc.
- Lead the development of customer hot buttons, including customer needs and concerns.
- Interface with industry peers and recommend teaming arrangements.
- Develop/implement winning strategies and narrative that highlight strengths and mitigate weaknesses.
- Lead interdisciplinary teams with varying levels of experience.
- Provide strategic thinking and execution for capture efforts through determining capture team resource requirements and managing bid costs associated throughout the Bid Acquisition Process
- Understand capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses and direct the development of solution development, CONOPS and path to win
- Provide leadership and management by identifying and training capture team members and ensure necessary support elements are available
- Interact with a broad range of departments to develop technical, management and pricing strategies
- Manage cross/multiple capture efforts in conjunction depending upon where the opportunity resides in the acquisition process (time available)
- Provide customer and business knowledge through business intelligence to ensure the team fully understands the desires and needs of the customers and the capabilities of potential competitors
- Develop win themes and strategies including value propositions. Identify and obtain commitment from industry partners to include OEMs to bridge gaps and increase the proposal win
- Provide communication and time management by leading executive management gate reviews
- Co-Lead with cost estimating team the pricing strategy to provide alignment to the solution and the optimal cost advantage for the bid
- Co-Lead with Proposal Manager the color team reviews to ensure that reviews are conducted in a repeatable manner adhering to procedures and processes
About the Company
Capital Group, an 8a certified small business, is a customer responsive firm with an extensive record of providing superior professional support services to Federal clients. Our professional services include full life cycle strategic consulting, acquisitions strategy development and implementation, systems engineering, program management and business and financial management.
Capital Group offers competitive wages and provides excellent benefits. We offer a 401(k) plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, paid time off, company social and charity events, and much more.
- Bachelor Degree in Management, Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Math, Science, or related field.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of Program Management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP), or equivalent project or program management certification.
- Must be a US citizen and meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust.
Desired Skills and Experience
- FAA’s Acquisition Management System (AMS) and/or the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Federal government consulting experience. FAA is highly preferred.
- Experience working and building relationships with client executives and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, as well as be a team player under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- Possess excellent computer literacy with the ability to function in FAA multi-system software applications to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, SharePoint.
- Ability to prioritize and manage actions to meet changing deadlines and requirements within a high volume, high stress environment.
- Ability to solve problems through systematic analysis of processes with sound judgment with a realistic understanding of relevant issues.
- Master degree.