- IT’S ALL ABOUT THE JOB -
A.K.A. YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Cashier
DEPARTMENT: Grocery FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Cashier Manager TYPE: Full-Time or Part-Time
WHO ARE WE?
The Woodstock Farmers’ Market is the area’s premier year-round, fresh food-focused grocery store. We are committed to creating and selling the best products sourced locally and globally, ethically, and sustainably. We hire only the most service-oriented people who appreciate a fun, fair, drama-free workplace, and share our CORE VALUES:
- Come with an empty cup: have humility
- Sit at the table together: be collaborative
- Do the right thing—always: be honest, accountable and have integrity
- Always hungry: relentlessly get stuff done
- Fish Cakes: think outside the box to creatively solve problems
- Bright side: always be positive
The Cashiering Team is “the face of the Market”. Interacting with every single customer, they are the ones whose service will leave the most lasting impression on our customers. Upbeat, outgoing and friendly, as well as accurate and speedy, cashiers run the registers, bag the groceries, and help carry bags out to cars.
OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE!
- Ring up purchases quickly, accurately, and cheerfully.
- Learn PLU codes for speed and accuracy
- Recognize different varieties of fruits and vegetables, and tell them apart
- Make correct change
- Make sure the line moves rapidly
- Carefully bag groceries so that all items can be transported without damage to customer’s home
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Accurately count banks at the end of the night
- Take care of opening and closing duties, including cleaning
- Help maintain a safe outdoor walkway in the winter
- Give fantastic service to customers and teammates
As is more often than not the case, keep in mind that "of utmost importance” describes the general nature and level of work performed in your job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities by employees so classified.
OF COURSE THERE ARE OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
Requires work with others in a group or team, external customers, face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams.
Woodstock Farmer's Market offers our team a variety of benefits including (but not limited to) Earned Time Off, Medical, Dental, Recreational Benefit Reimbursement, and much more!
MORE ABOUT YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
It is not a contract of employment | Employment remains at will | Performing all or some of the job to expectation is not a promise or guarantee of continued employment |Any responsibilities can be temporarily or permanently changed or modified at any time in the Market’s sole discretion, with or without prior notice to our staff | Changes may be made with or without being in writing | Employees may be required to perform other jobs for The Market even if not within this job or this department | This describes the general nature and level of work performed in this job | Understand this should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities of employees so classified.
WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO HAVE
Must be 16 years or older
Good computer and math skills
WHAT’S NICE TO HAVE
Experience in retail grocery, but no worries if you don’t. This is a great place to get to know all about it!