Counter Culture Coffee was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Durham, NC, with regional offices in 12 major cities across the country. Counter Culture Coffee has been continuously innovating in the coffee industry and we’re looking for passionate, dynamic, diverse team members to help us expand our efforts.
Counter Culture Coffee is:
- Quality Coffee | We continue to cultivate relationships with growers and organizations around the world in order to build trust, improve quality, and foster transparency
- Education | We believe the pursuit of coffee perfection includes educating ourselves, our partners, and our customers about the coffee supply chain and the best methods of preparation.
- Sustainability | Our commitment to affecting positive change in every community to which we are connected is driven by our belief that we can–and should–always strive to improve upon the present.
- Transparency | We are committed to sustainability and holding ourselves and our peers accountable for creating a more sustainable future of coffee.
The Regional Manager is responsible for the overall success of a single Counter Culture region. This role is focused on leading a team of sales and account managers, equipment technicians, and regional educators in the pursuit of regional and company goals. This role works with the wholesale management team to set the sales and retention strategy for the region, and to support the implementation of best-in-class technical services and professional education.
The key functions of this role are to lead, manage, and hold accountable a team of sales and account managers, regional educators, and equipment technicians. The regional manager must have not only an extremely strong business skill set, but also a thorough knowledge of the food and beverage industry. This seat is responsible for achieving revenue, retention, and profitability targets for each region.
Counter Culture managers are smart, resourceful, and reliable, but first and foremost, they genuinely care about people and coffee.
- The primary duty of this seat is to meet regional revenue, retention, and profitability targets.
- Manage actions to ensure that the regions hit quarterly/annual targets for revenue, retention, and profitability
- Participate in creating/refining the region’s Our Plan Strategy to reflect the holistic goals of the company
- Collaborate with the regional management team to create and support customers across all channels through best-in-class education and technical support.
- Achieve a high level of competency with all company systems and software
- Contribute to regional success by understanding and influencing leading indicators and metrics
All interested applicants must complete the Culture Index Survey to be considered for an interview. Please complete the survey here: https://go.apply.ci/p/Zz0Pb10r0IFH
- Must be positive, inspiring, thoughtful, thorough and question the status quo
- Proven ability to identify, hire, and develop managers
- At least three (3) years of sales, account management, or related experience in the coffee field or a related field
- At least one (1) year of management experience in specialty coffee, or in a related field.
- Proven ability to create and execute strategy based on company goals and KPIs
- A strong desire or proven ability to hire, lead, manage, and hold accountable new and tenured wholesale sales reps/account managers, regional educators, equipment technicians, and any other regional team members
- A high aptitude for communication, and a strong desire to effectively communicate the mission and values of Counter Culture Coffee
- A willingness to be challenged, and an eagerness for professional education and growth
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Physical Activities of Job:
Physical activity: Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, climbing. Standing for sustained periods of time, walking for long distances or from one work site to another. Pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling (attributes of objects).
Repetitive motion; talking (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which the employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly); hearing (perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound).
Physical requirements: light work (exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects). Requires ability to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
Visual acuity: must have close visual acuity to perform activities, preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small parts, machines and equipment, and determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned and/or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
Conditions the worker will be subject to in this position: none.
- Demonstrate proficiency with EOS/CCC Way core tenants and processes
- Lead Focus Day for regional team members to set priorities, identify and resolve issues, and improve communication
- Participate in quarterly conversations with each member of the region
- Participate in quarterly regional reviews
- Integrate weekly regional communication meeting
Benefits: Currently, the offered benefits include: group health (medical, dental and vision), available the first of the month after 30 days of employment; Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and for Dependent Care; short- and long-term disability; life insurance; 401(k) program; paid time off; six company holidays.
Counter Culture Coffee is an Equal Opportunity Employer in both policy and practice.
Counter Culture Coffee assesses candidates for employment based on their knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job for which they are applying and without regard to any non-job related category as protected by federal, state or local law.
Finalist candidates for employment will be required to demonstrate USA employment eligibility - per federal and state law, Counter Culture Coffee participates in the federal E-Verify program.