At Cedar Psychiatry...Healing Happens Here! Join our team and play an integral role in helping individuals achieve mental wellness. Cedar Psychiatry is a growing mental health practice with multiple outpatient clinics that provides advanced, cutting-edge psychedelic drug therapies. As well as, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), individualized therapy including holistic approaches, medical management services and more. Cedar Psychiatry also has an esteemed team of medical professionals dedicated to the clinical research in the use of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy. This research is changing the future of how we treat mental illnesses. It’s pretty exciting here at Cedar and we’d love for you to join our team!
Cedar Psychiatry values diversity and strives to create an inclusive work environment. We respect and celebrate individuals for their differences and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
We are currently looking for a bright, hardworking, driven Medical Assistant. This position is a great opportunity for Medical Assistants who are looking for a challenging new career working in outpatient mental health. In this position, you will work closely with the mental health providers in a team approach setting.
- Taking medical/psychiatric history
- Answering patient questions
- Operating TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) device for depression/OCD treatments (will provide training to the right candidate)
- Checking vital signs
- Assisting the providers with ketamine therapy appointments
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Answering phones, scheduling appointments, and other patient communications
- Instructing patients about medication, treatment plan, and other instructions
- Transmitting prescription refills as directed
- Insurance prior authorizations
- Opportunity to advance your skills -- Learn innovative & exciting new therapeutic modalities such as TMS and Ketamine therapy.
- Current MA, CPR & BLS Certification required
- IV experience preferred
- Proven working experience as a medical assistant preferred
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities