At Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best Arts and Entertainment to our audiences in Northwest Arkansas, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Our organizations’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values: Relevance; Inclusivity; Sustainability; Excellence. Diversity is a commitment at Walton Arts Center/Walmart AMP. We are fully focused on equity and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us unique.
Walton Arts Center Inc. operates two campuses: a 1,200-seat proscenium theatre and 269-seat black box in Fayetteville and an 11,000-capacity outdoor Amphitheatre known as the Walmart AMP in Rogers, AR. Walton Arts Center has been Arkansas’ premier performing arts center for over 30 years and Walmart AMP has consistently been one of Billboard's top-rated amphitheaters producing 30 plus concerts per season.
Located in the beautiful Ozark Mountains, NWA (as the locals refer to it) includes Benton, Washington, and Madison counties, with five hub cities: Bentonville, Fayetteville, Rogers, Springdale and Siloam Springs. The economic opportunity is unparalleled, but so is the lifestyle — see: 400-plus miles of mountain biking trails and paved pathways, a thriving arts community complete with world-class performing arts center and museums, a legitimate beer and food scene, and live music to enjoy. Best of all, it’s a place where everyone is welcome.
The Parking Manager will oversee day to day parking operations in conjunction with the Director of Safety and Security and respective law enforcement agencies. These duties will include supervising parking staff, auditing parking signage, and working within budgets for shows and events.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Work with Director of Safety and Security to execute a safe and efficient parking and traffic plan.
- Work with Director of Safety and Security to budget, schedule, train, and supervise parking staff.
- Deploy and collect parking signage as needed per show or event.
- Maintain parking equipment and signage in good repair.
- Ensure AMP parking lots are left in clean and safe conditions at the conclusion of each event.
- Represent Walton Arts Center / Walmart AMP at both on and off-site events, as requested.
- Maintain professional working relationships with teammates, fellow staff members from other departments, vendors, patrons, and tenants of leased spaces.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain security and safety requirements as defined by operations guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
The work environment as well as the intellectual, social, and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training, Traits
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid Driver’s license required and must have access to a personal vehicle capable of light towing in local area around venue (mileage reimbused).
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to multitask.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to oversee a staff of nearly 90 employees.
- Comfortable with consistently adhering to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Strong communications skills and the ability to interact with many different types of people
- An on-going desire to learn and improve
- Ability to work independently as well as with others to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- At least 5 years of parking or special event parking employment
- At least 3 years of supervision experience.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly (on telephone)
- Must have a working cell phone and be willing to install basic applications and be willing to use it for work purposes
- Must be able to endure sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to endure standing or walking for extended periods of time on various surfaces such as concrete, grass, and inclined surfaces.
- Must be able to endure outdoor elements including cold, heat, wind, and/or precipitation
- Must be able to work in large, crowded environments, with flashing lights, loud music and noises, pyrotechnics, and cannons as part of shows and events