General Summary of Duties:
We are seeking a dynamic individual to lead our sales, planning and execution of facility rental and internal event activities for The Museum. Under the supervision of the EVP & COO, acts as a liaison, and consistently a primary point of contact for internal and external events. Develop and maintain client and vendor relationships to ensure excellent customer service, proper planning, and execution of the facility special events.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Oversee and direct event coordination for the facility rental sales department, including but not limited to: written and verbal communication with clients and internal department project managers, coordination with internal and external contracted vendors including catering, production, entertainment, security, parking, patron services, and staff supervision.
- Ensure each event rental client is provided timely responses and manage an appropriate event planning timeline.
- Ensure Facility Event staff coordinate with internal departments such as Security to provide turnkey service and planning guidance to event rental clients while identifying the needs of each event and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Attend directors’ meetings and facilitate departmental and event specific planning meetings.
- Manage and oversee events on the day of, including event set-up, communication with staff, organizing vendors, and managing load-out.
- Proactively anticipate and troubleshoot any emerging issues during planning process and on event day.
- Actively create sales opportunities for new events.
- Contribute to department growth and goals to improve services and quality of the facility rental events.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders.
- Support internal event planning for various departments as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety obligations for events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Event Sales, Hospitality, Event Management, or related field.
5+ years of experience in related occupation, preferred.
Certification in Hospitality Management, CEP, or related certification preferred. Will consider candidates obtaining certification within first year of employment.
Proven experience and knowledge working in the special events event industry and live event related services (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events).
Ability to work a full-time position that requires a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships.
Ability to present ideas and plans to clients and vendors with adaptability and positive results.
Excellent organizational skills, time management skills, attention to detail and professional presentation.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit (1) a resume and (2) a cover letter with salary requirements, Please no phone calls.
The Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.