- IT’S ALL ABOUT THE JOB -
A.K.A. YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Meat & Seafood Associate
DEPARTMENT: Meat & Seafood FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: General Manager TYPE: Full-Time or Part-Time
WHO ARE WE?
The Woodstock Farmers’ Market is the area’s premier year-round, fresh food-focused grocery store. We are committed to creating and selling the best products sourced locally and globally, ethically, and sustainably. We hire only the most service-oriented people who appreciate a fun, fair, drama-free workplace, and share our CORE VALUES:
- Come with an empty cup: have humility
- Sit at the table together: be collaborative
- Do the right thing—always: be honest, accountable and have integrity
- Always hungry: relentlessly get stuff done
- Fish Cakes: think outside the box to creatively solve problems
- Bright side: always be positive
The Meat and Seafood Department handles all the ordering, receiving, processing and selling of fresh, frozen and smoked meat, poultry and seafood. This is a customer service position.
OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE!
- Receiving and storing deliveries
- Creating and maintaining attractive displays in meat and seafood cases
- Serving customers
- Cutting, weighing and wrapping product to order
- Advising customers on how to prepare products
- Maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary work environment
- Maintaining product rotation
- Setting up and breaking down station each day
- Maintaining accurate and attractive signage
As is more often than not the case, keep in mind that “of utmost importance” describes the general nature and level of work performed in your job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities by employees so classified.
OF COURSE THERE ARE OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
Requires work with others in a group or team, external customers, face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams.
Woodstock Farmer's Market offers our team a variety of benefits including (but not limited to) Earned Time Off, Medical, Dental, Recreational Benefit Reimbursement, and much more!
MORE ABOUT YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
It is not a contract of employment | Employment remains at will | Performing all or some of the job to expectation is not a promise or guarantee of continued employment |Any responsibilities can be temporarily or permanently changed or modified at any time in the Market’s sole discretion, with or without prior notice to our staff | Changes may be made with or without being in writing | Employees may be required to perform other jobs for The Market even if not within this job or this department | This describes the general nature and level of work performed in this job | Understand this should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities of employees so classified.
WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO HAVE
1-2 Years in a related work environment. Must be over 16 years of age.
WHAT’S NICE TO HAVE
Additional experience and knowledge beyond 2 years.