- IT’S ALL ABOUT THE JOB -
A.K.A. YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Prepared Foods Chef EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/17/2022
DEPARTMENT: Prepared Foods FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Prepared Foods Operations Leader TYPE: Full-Time
WHO ARE WE?
The Woodstock Farmers’ Market is the area’s premier year-round, fresh food-focused grocery store. We are committed to creating and selling the best products sourced locally and globally, ethically, and sustainably. We hire only the most service-oriented people who appreciate a fun, fair, drama-free workplace, and share our CORE VALUES:
- Come with an empty cup: have humility
- Sit at the table together: be collaborative
- Do the right thing—always: be honest, accountable and have integrity
- Always hungry: relentlessly get stuff done
- Fish Cakes: think outside the box to creatively solve problems
- Bright side: always be positive
To prepare delicious, beautiful food utilizing as many local products as possible and incorporating as many products transferred to the kitchen from other departments as possible. We make bountiful and beautiful creative food from scratch, offering new items as well as long-time Market favorites. By working in tandem and partnership with the deli service staff, we provide great service to our guests and each other.
OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE!
- Must be able to take direction easily plus read and execute recipes accurately
- Entrée prep
- Salad prep
- Preparation of our signature sauces and dips
- Catering prep (around holidays)
- Pitching in wherever needed around the kitchen, including the sandwich station
- Checking in orders and putting them away
- Maintaining cleanliness, sanitation and safety of the kitchen
- Stocking the prepared food cases
As is more often than not the case, keep in mind that "of utmost importance” describes the general nature and level of work performed in your job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities by employees so classified.
OF COURSE THERE ARE OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
Requires work with others in a group or team, external customers, face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams.
Woodstock Farmer's Market offers our team a variety of benefits including (but not limited to) Earned Time Off, Medical, Dental, Recreational Benefit Reimbursement, and much more!
MORE ABOUT YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION
It is not a contract of employment | Employment remains at will | Performing all or some of the job to expectation is not a promise or guarantee of continued employment |Any responsibilities can be temporarily or permanently changed or modified at any time in the Market’s sole discretion, with or without prior notice to our staff | Changes may be made with or without being in writing | Employees may be required to perform other jobs for The Market even if not within this job or this department | This describes the general nature and level of work performed in this job | Understand this should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities of employees so classified.
WHAT’S IMPORTANT TO HAVE
Must be 18 or older
3+ years’ work experience in busy commercial kitchen required
Good knife skills, dexterity, speed and ability to move efficiently in crowded space
WHAT’S NICE TO HAVE
The more experience, the better!